As the saying goes, winter is coming. So that you can also wear your short skirts in the cold season, I have put together a small lookbook for you here on my fashion blog. 3 ideaslike you one Combine black leather skirt can, I will introduce you to in this post.
You can combine a black leather skirt so nicely
By the way, my black leather skirt is from the brand Selected Femme. A sustainable fashion brand that you can also shop online at Omoda. In general, you will find a well-assorted selection for your wardrobe there. Omoda excels a very extensive range from which you keep coming back Designer goods and top products at low prices find. Sometimes I still find one or the other piece right there that has long since been sold out in other shops. There are always great bargains from older collections too.
I also sneaked around my leather skirt for a while: after all it was sold out, but luckily I found it in the sale at Omoda. Also great: As a member of the Omoda Club, you even save on postage costs. Returns, on the other hand, are always free for all customers. Buying on account is also practical, so I can try it first and then pay.
Before I mean you 3 winter outfit ideas with a skirt I would like to introduce you some general styling tips give on the way.
Combining a black leather skirt – 8 tips
- What generally goes well with a leather skirt? In principle, anything you would wear with pants goes with a leather skirt. Tight and wide tops, cardigans, sweaters, blouses and blazers. For outfits with skirts, it makes sense to wear shorter tops and jackets/blazers that end around the waist. This gives you a beautiful silhouette and optically lengthens the legs. Otherwise, I think the mix of materials is very nice: leather with silk, leather with knitwear – it looks great!
- How should a leather skirt fit? I prefer skirts that sit at the waist because they are the most figure-friendly. A skirt with a slight A-line hugs the hips and lengthens the legs. If you choose a leather skirt that sits slightly lower on the hips, make sure the rest of the look is proportioned accordingly. Otherwise it can quickly seem inconsistent.
- Which top goes with the black leather skirt? Here you can orient yourself entirely to your own style. If you like to wear tight tops, then these are tucked into the skirt. If you are a fan of oversized shirts, you can let them hang down loosely or tuck the front part into the waistband. The same goes for sweaters and cardigans, of course.
- Which tights do you wear with a black leather skirt? In winter, I prefer black tights that are at least 50 denier. These are almost opaque and also keep you a little warm. On particularly cold days, I sometimes reach for black thermal tights, some of which really keep you warmer, like some jeans.
- Which shoes do you combine with a short leather skirt? Boots always go well with leather skirts. As always, personal taste decides whether you choose overknees, riding boots, combat boots or maybe even UGG boots. The styling with white sneakers also looks very casual as a contrast to the rest of the look.
- Can I wear a black leather skirt with a leather jacket? Yes, you definitely can. However, it looks best when you combine a black smooth leather skirt with a suede jacket, for example. Here you can also play with different colors.
- Can I combine a leather skirt in the office? A short leather skirt isn’t for the office, that’s for sure. If the dress code allows, grab a black leather skirt that’s either knee-length or midi-length. You can wear it with a nice silk blouse and a blazer.
- How to style a black leather skirt in winter? You can find my favorite combos for winter outfits with a skirt further down in the blog post. Whatever works: a leather skirt with a knit sweater, warm, lined boots and a puffer jacket.
Outfit 1: short leather skirt with striped shirt and riding boots
I combine a tight-fitting striped shirt with a scalloped hem with the short black leather skirt. I also wear these incredibly great riding boots, which have a slightly wider shaft. The pink bag is an eye catcher. Of course, a matching winter jacket should not be missing – here I decided on a cream-colored teddy jacket, which I wore to my civil wedding back then, by the way.
black leather skirt, striped shirt, black boots, pink shoulder bag, white teddy jacket
Outfit 2: black leather skirt with cardigan and boots
The black leather skirt can be perfectly styled with a loose cardigan. Simply tuck the cardigan into the waistband and undo the top button. Underneath I combine a tight turtleneck sweater. Comfortable combat boots, which I’ve been wearing for the 3rd season, round off the look. The large shopper is ideal for everyday wear, and I chose my sustainable puffer jacket for outerwear.
black leather skirt, yellow turtleneck sweater, beige cardigan, black combat boots, large shopper, cream-colored puffer jacket
Outfit 3: Mini leather skirt with knit sweater and bumbag
This outfit is one of my favorite everyday outfits in winter. I’m wearing a great brown knit sweater with the mini leather skirt. On particularly cold days you can combine a tight turtleneck sweater underneath in a layered look. My choice of shoes was the warm Isabel Marant Nowles Boots – I combine them with a long winter jacket. Maybe I’ll get a taste for hats again. There was a time when I didn’t leave the house without it.
black leather skirt, camel-colored knit sweater, long quilted coat, lined winter boots, shoulder bag with logo print