At some point almost every woman comes to the decision to dye her hair. The reasons can be different, but the important thing is that one achieves the desired goal and is satisfied with the result. Dyed hair brings more self-confidence and a modern look. But hair coloring has some consequences for the health of the hair and anyone who dares to have their hair colored should pay attention to a few things. We will tell you below how to care for colored hair so that it looks beautiful and healthy.
We will explain to you in a moment how to care for colored hair
Dye your hair – what follows then?
Depending on the different color wishes, you can get a new hair color in three different ways: by dyeing, bleaching and tinting. They all work in different ways, but either put artificial pigments on the hair or strip the hair’s natural pigments, as is the case with bleaching.
The surface of the hair is roughened.
What are the consequences of coloring the hair?
After the color treatment, the natural protective layer of the hair is attacked. If you do not take care of your hair during daily styling, the color will fade and the reason is quite simple: the hair fibers are weakened and they cannot retain the color pigments for a long time.
Hair color makes hair sensitive by stressing it. This happens because dyeing damages the hair structure and deprives the hair of moisture. Colored hair is often dry and brittle.
It doesn’t matter which color you have chosen for your type change, it is important that the hair gets the right intensive care after coloring. Only then will it shine long after dyeing.
So that the hair does not fade and is still healthy, you have to pay attention to a few things.
Get your hair colored at the barber for best results
The color change is associated with a special care routine
Caring for colored hair – Follow these tips for beautiful colored hair
If you make it a routine to take care of your colored hair, you can enjoy long-lasting color freshness. Blond, red or black… It actually plays a role what color the hair is, so that it gets the best care. However, there are general rules that one should follow to enjoy a beautiful mane.
Rely on gentle care
- First and foremost, provide your hair with intensive moisture and vitamins and avoid heat. This is the basic rule when caring for colored hair.
- You also need to be gentle on your hair and avoid strong heat from blow dryers and flat irons. But rubbing dry with a towel is also not possible with dyed hair, as this will also roughen up the hair structure. It is therefore advisable to let the hair air dry. Or gently squeeze the hair with a towel.
- A suitable hair treatment is the be-all and end-all when caring for colored hair. If you use a repairing intensive treatment once a week, you also give the hair a lot of softness.
- When grooming, avoid products that contain silicone. Otherwise your hair could quickly appear dull. Natural cosmetics are always the best choice, even for hair that is not colored.
Good hair care is particularly important in summer
You should not blow-dry your colored hair
Wash, dry and comb
- Therefore, wait two days after the color treatment before washing your hair so that the color pigments settle in the hair. In order for the hair color to last longer, you should wash your hair less often. A period of at least 48 hours is recommended.
- It is also known that chlorine and salt water are harmful to colored hair. If the hair comes into contact with them more often, then it loses moisture and becomes dull. So it would make a lot of sense to tie your hair up while swimming.
- Did you know that combing the wrong way can damage your color? Well, if you use a natural hairbrush or a wide-toothed comb, you protect the hair color.
- You can avoid unsightly color gradients if you have the ends of your hair cut every 4 to 12 weeks. The reason is because the ends of the hair fade first. And this is quite understandable, because this is the most damaged part of the hair. This will also prevent a dull hair color.
Any intense Hair color requires appropriate care
Which care products to use for colored hair?
Mistakes are often made when choosing hair care products. What do you have to consider with products for colored hair?
- In the first place it is on the appropriate shampoo to respect. Silicone-free shampoos are the right ones for colored hair. The special shampoos for colored hair also help to preserve the luminosity of the new color. But shampoos for dry hair are also very suitable for colored hair.
- Of the hair conditioner is another important product in the care of colored hair. It closes the hair dandruff and provides even more moisture. A conditioner with color pigments also refreshes the hair color.
- Then we come to what is so important heat protection. At high temperatures it is a must. This also protects the hair from UV light, which also damages the hair in summer. Various oils with UV filters and protective sprays are a suitable means of preventing color fading.
- If you want to use special products when styling your hair, then choose styling products with integrated care products.
We hope that our tips have been helpful to you and that you now know how to properly take care of your colored hair!
Wash colored hair as seldom as possible so that it does not lose its color
Because the artificial pigments fade quickly, you need to consider the right sunscreen
A hair treatment ensures even more brilliance of the hair
Rely on color enhancers in hair care
Blond hair in particular needs to be cared for very diligently
Only the right care after coloring ensures the desired shine
Avoid a strawy and lackluster look with the right care products
Use suitable products to protect your hair from drying out in the sun