The elegant soft wave bob hairstyle trend is here!
Are you looking for a new summer hair trend that looks great and is easy to style? Then look no further! Here is the soft wave bob that boasts a naturally dimensional and tousled look that screams boho. Stars like Kaia Gerber are among the key muses behind the renaissance of this hot yet delicate haircut. Loose waves meet a cheeky undone finish, creating the soft and trendy silhouette of this bob hairstyle. The appeal of the latest hair trend lies in its imperfection: an unstructured shape, ragged ends and tousled curls. The soft wave bob combines optical lightness with a stylish statement and immediately becomes an elegant eye-catcher. To achieve this relaxed, on-trend look, salt sprays and curl creams are your best bets. But if you’re into a more sophisticated style, go for a reliable iron. As always, here with us you can find out who the latest favorite hairstyle trends for 2022 are and how you can achieve them.
Fresh and trendy for summer with a chic soft wave bob
Who is the latest hair trend for 2022?
The good news first: the Soft Wave Bob can be worn by any woman of any age! Because it has many versions. You can wear the beautiful, soft waves chin or shoulder length or even have them very short as a French bob.
An asymmetrical variant is also very popular, as is this one with a pony. And this, in turn, can be very thick and straight, light and fringed or styled in a curtain bang look. You can choose the right hairstyle for you depending on your face shape and hair type. As always, it is best to get advice from your hairdresser beforehand and find the best solution for your mane together.
Soft waves look particularly sophisticated on the long bob
3 easy techniques to style the soft wave bob
When it comes to damp hair, it makes sense to look at the techniques that were used before modern heat styling was available. Conventional bobby pins and clips create loose waves and take just a few minutes to style. Check out the following three very simple wave techniques!
1 Technique: Modern soft waves with hair clips
- styling product such as B. a volume foam spray
- Hair grips or hair clips
And this is how you proceed:
- Apply the product to damp hair and create a vertical section at the front above one ear. This doesn’t have to be perfectly cut. In this way you even avoid possible dividing lines.
- Wrap the strand around your fingers away from your face to form a loop, and then use your fingers to wrap the curl down toward your scalp.
- Slide a bobby pin or hair clip up from the bottom to hold the strand in place. The bottom prong should be against your scalp and the top prong should go through the center of the curl.
- Continue taking vertical sections from the crown of your head to the nape of your neck, wrap them away from your face and pin them in place, then continue.
- Repeat on the other side of your head, wrapping in the opposite direction but still away from your face.
- Wait for your hair to dry, then remove the bobby pins or clips.
- Run your fingers through the curls to fluff and soften them.
2. Technique: Style a soft wave bob with braids
- Volume Foam Spray or Salt Spray
- 2 small elastic hair bands
- hair clip
And this is how it’s done:
- Add the hair product of your choice to damp hair. Then split the middle and pinch one side out of the way.
- First, take a large section from about 3 cm above your ear to the mid-section. Divide this into 3 equal smaller sections.
- Braid the entire side in what is known as a dutch braid, incorporating hair while working towards the nape of the neck and folding the strands underneath. When you reach the nape of your neck, continue braiding the three strands to the ends and tie them with a small hair elastic. Repeat on the other side.
- Gently tug on either side of both braids to loosen and expand them.
- When hair is dry, remove the elastics and run your fingers through your hair to tousle the waves.
3. Technique: Juicy waves with twisted texture
- Hair product such as hair fixative or volume foam spray
- Two small elastic hair bands
And this is how it works best:
- Apply the product to damp hair. Part the hair down the middle of the back and then part each side, parting from the top to behind your ear to create four equal sections.
- Grab the two back sections and twist them towards each other up to the ends.
- Tie the ends with a small hair band.
- Unclip the two front pieces and twist them towards each other, away from your face. Then tie the ends with a small hair band. You’ll notice that the bottom twists will start to loosen up, which is perfectly fine.
- Let your hair dry in the twists, then remove the elastics and shake out your waves. Your trendy soft wave bob is ready!
You can use these simple wave techniques on both longer and short bob hairstyles. Depending on the hair type, these will look a little different.
Just try it out if you like!
Curtain Bangs Soft Wave Bob
Layered A-line bob
Chin length side swept bob
Blonde soft wave bob in a messy look
The elegant soft French bob variant with bangs