Simple updos are a great way to add some creativity and versatility to your look. Whether you’re going to a wedding, spending a night on the town, rocking out at a concert, or just looking for a bit of a change, try one of these eye-catching and elegant updos! They’re also a smart choice, especially now in the summer heat.
Simple updos are among the most popular among brides
These hair hacks will make any updo a breeze
The cool messy bun has always been your go-to when hair is looking a little unruly. Or maybe the classic gym ponytail is more your idea of an updo?
Not that we’re against these classics, but admit it: they do need a change. The following hair hacks can surely help you in this matter. This allows you to create simple and very effective updos yourself even faster, in just a few minutes. You’ll soon have so much fun with them that you’ll hardly ever wear your hair down.
Simple braided hairstyles are also indispensable in the office or home office
And here are the hacks:
- Bobby pins are the hidden secret behind every updo. Make sure these don’t move by placing the scalloped side against your head for maximum grip.
- To keep a herringbone braid tight, first wrap a ribbon around the base and then braid the ribbon for a better hold.
- Forget texturizing spray! Instead, you can use a toothbrush to gently rub and add beautiful texture to any hair style.
- Simple updos that have to be curled beforehand can also be done without the curling iron. Use hot curlers for this. However, avoid heat damage by using suitable heat protection for your hair.
- To avoid a stiff updo, use little or no hair fixative, instead spraying the bobby pins with hairspray for extra hold.
- Elevate your ponytail and fake fullness by parting the hair in two, with one ponytail layered over the other.
You can also style your ponytail like a big bow
How to spice up simple updos
In addition to many smart hair hacks, there are a few hair accessories that add the finishing touches to updos. For example, you can put hairpins with delicate flowers and pearls in your hair and create attractive accents in the hairstyle. A casual messy bun gets a little extra pep this way and can even be worn by brides on their biggest day. A bandana in the colors and patterns you want can turn even the simplest updo into an absolute eye-catcher. Wrap them around the bun or braid them into the braid. Then pin the whole thing up with bobby pins. Hair clips and tiaras are currently back in fashion. This allows you to upgrade your hairstyle in seconds and appear self-confident. Minimalist models in gold are definitely the hit this summer. Combine them with trendy jewelery and the matching summer dresses as well as with shoes and a nice bag.
A gorgeous messy updo that is perfect for the romantic wedding
Add some flair with your choice of bandana
Minimalist tiaras look stunning on any bun
Simple updos impress with their simplicity and effective look at the same time. They can be implemented in no time at all, even by absolute beginners, and suit every hair type and face shape quite well. Take advantage of these super easy and totally trendy hair styles and defy the heat in a special way!
Elegantly twisted bun as a bridal hairstyle
High bun jazzed up with a French braid
The braid can also be completely restyled into a bun
Updo hairstyles are also possible with short hair
An effective bun variant for fine, long and medium-length hair