Bun hairstyles are undoubtedly timeless. They manage to inspire us again and again every season with trendy variations. That’s exactly how we feel right now – with the ultra elegant Sleek Bun! Well, the sleek bun isn’t really new in itself. This has long been the favorite party hairstyle of celebrities and stars. But now the smooth, shiny bun gets something extra and presents itself in a new light. Find out from us today how the Sleek Bun will be worn the most this year and how you can achieve the trendy look yourself.
This is the latest craze in the beauty world. The Olaplex Sleek Bun is a real all-rounder when it comes to trendy bun hairstyles. Because this hairstyle not only looks extremely elegant and shiny, but also provides rich, deep care for the hair. A great win-win situation!
Why is that actually the case? The secret lies in the high-quality care products from the cosmetics brand of the same name. In this case, one of the hair oils and one of the special hair repair emulsions are used one after the other when styling the bun. In this way, the care products stay in the hair longer and can work optimally. An imaginative and stylish idea that is currently not only inspiring stars and starlets, but is also viral on Instagram and even on TikTok.
Spiky bun with a sleek look
The cult girl band “Spice Girs” from the 90s already did it back then. A variant of the spiky bun was worn there, but it was presented too shrill and cheeky. This year, the spiky bun is making a comeback, but preferring to look a little more understated and understated. As the name suggests, (spiky – in German, pointed) the trendy hairstyle is about a bun that is decorated with fine hair tips. This means that when styling, the hair is wrapped in such a way that the tips remain nice and loose. This can then be made even more expressive with hair setting lotion or straightening irons.
The Spiky Bun 2022 is very often worn with elegant evening dresses
A simple video tutorial for a cute spiky-sleeky bun:
The classic ballerina sleek bun
Ballerina buns are real classics and right now they are in demand again like never before. Depending on taste or the shape of the face and head, these are worn as a low bun or very high. That’s how easy it is!
A short step-by-step guide:
- Straighten your hair with a flat iron and some straightening cream if you have curly or wavy hair.
- Carefully comb your hair backwards with a paddle brush. Then tie them with a thick rubber band into a ponytail where the bun will sit later.
- Flip your head back and spritz your hairline with hairspray for a strong hold. Then, brush your tied hair straight and smooth out any visible bumps while holding your hair in your hands
- Spritz your hands with a light hair oil and run your palms down the length of your ponytail to smooth frizzy hair.
- Then twist your hair into a “hair rope” and wrap it around the base of your ponytail. Form a bun and pin the ends of your hair under the hair tie.
- Tip: If your hair is particularly slippery, mist the ends with a texturizing spray before twisting and pinning to give your hair some hold. You can also use bobby pins or a bun pillow as needed.
- Finally, spritz your hair with an anti-humidity and shine spray to prevent short layers or flyaways from sticking out. Complete!
Hair that quickly becomes greasy can also benefit enormously from this bun hairstyle
The sleek bun as a trendy bridal hairstyle for 2022
Not only braided hairstyles and messy buns are particularly popular among brides with long and medium-length hair. The bun in a sleek look also makes your heart beat faster and will be seen more and more often at weddings this year. Very discreet, wrapped in a spiral or braided, the Sleek Bun looks really good as a bridal hairstyle. This goes well with high-quality hair accessories and effective earrings, which further enhance the look.
Elegantly wrapped as a low bun
The sleek hairstyle is skilfully rounded off with fine hair accessories
So elegant and glossy – the sleek bun is one of our absolute favorites when it comes to bun hairstyles 2022. This is quick and easy to style, suits almost all hair types and face shapes, and can even be worn as chic hair care. An absolute hit!
Low Sleek Bun with an Indian touch
Low Sleek Bun Instructions
Minimalist hair accessories trend
Braided in a simple braid, the trend hairstyle looks just as fabulous