We’re in love with the curls: nothing can quite match the sumptuous energy of bouncy spirals, waves and variable twists. From time to time, women with straight hair wish for curly effects in their heads of hair and use curling irons or wave irons. However, this can have negative consequences for the hair in the long run. Are there gentle alternatives for shiny, healthy and bouncy curls? In the following, the editors will address exactly this question and show how every lady can efficiently and effectively create curls overnight without heat.
Curls without heat overnight – this is how straight hair works without damage or split ends
Hair curls without heat: This is actually very healthy for the mane
You want a break from the mechanical and chemical treatments and we don’t blame you. Styling with the curling iron not only takes a few hours, but can also damage the hair texture. Damage to the hair follicles leads to hair breakage and stress. We don’t wish that on any woman.
The curling iron is harmful to the mane in the long run
You must always ensure that you use heat protection and optimally protect straight and delicate hair. The heat from the device can make the mane porous and burn it. You don’t feel it immediately, but the curling iron causes stress on the mane, which shows up as split ends and irritation of the scalp.
Be careful with the curling iron
The good news is that you can save yourself these disadvantages and conjure up curls overnight without heat, efficiently and gently for the mane. You most likely know the classic methods with curlers and papillotes: There are also other clever techniques with home remedies. This is how you conjure up curly hair overnight without curlers, perms, heat and other super sophisticated special products.
How to make curls without heat overnight?
The skill of fashionistas knows no bounds: women with long and short hair can create curls without heat overnight using these simple home remedies and wrapping techniques.
These methods are gentle and simple, and the results – quite charming
The classic method, which always delivers excellent results, is also very easy: curls with braids. The intensity of the curls is related to the density of the braids. That is, the looser the braids, the more relaxed the curls.
With braids, you can make curls without heat overnight
- Immediately after washing your hair, start with a slightly damp mane, ideally 80 percent dry.
- Apply the care products you usually use, hair oil or cream.
- Section the hair into three sections and braid the strands.
- For defined curls, pack the braids in buns.
- Stabilize yourself with a turban and/or headscarf and go to sleep. Complete!
The next morning, treat the curls with curl cream or hairspray and expect compliments and applause.
One is easier than you think
#Curls without heat overnight with the bathrobe belt
Another simple and fun technique is to wrap the robe belt in your hair. Sure, you can also use a long scarf for the same purpose. The technique also works for medium-length hair. How does this work step by step?
Beach waves without heat and wave irons
- Start with damp hair and position the belt over your head. Secure with a barrette or hair clip in the middle of the top of your head.
- Continue braiding, adding the strands below consecutively on the two sides. You make a two part braid just like the rope braid.
- Secure on both sides with a hair tie and go to sleep. That was lightning fast!
#The cord method
Another simple method that succeeds in no time. It differs only in the type of braiding you do. Here you simply conjure up two side cord braids from your long hair, pull them along the entire back of your head and fasten them with clips. Work again with slightly wet hair and then jump into bed.
#curls with socks
You heard that right: curls with socks.
Beauty hack on TikTok
Your mane benefits from a super clever and efficient technique that works smoothly even with the medium length.
- Start with slightly damp hair and fold socks together at a time to make them thicker.
- Part your hair in the middle.
- Secure the socks on both sides at the top with a bobby pin or clip.
- Gradually weave all strands of the two sections into the socks and stabilize with a hair tie.
- The future curls need about 5 hours to rest – you too! Enjoy the glamorous results the next morning.
#Get retro curls and define curl patterns with hair plopping
“Hair plopping” is the technique of isolating freshly washed curls in a headscarf or t-shirt so that the curl pattern becomes more defined. Ladies with straight hair can try the technique to get waves. All you need is to pack the wet mane in the headscarf or t-shirt and go to sleep. The curls look the next day exactly as if they were made with Papilotten – generous and exclusive.
Curls become more defined with hair plopping
Bonus Hack: Curls without heat on short hair
Ladies with short hair can try the rose technique with bobby pins. They wrap small roses strand by strand (some fashionistas say “snails”) and fasten the sections with the bobby pin. It is obligatory that the mane is slightly damp. The intensity of the twist and wrap will determine how defined the future curls will look.