The curly shag is one of the biggest hair trends in 2023. This is a versatile style that suits almost every hair type. Inspired by the retro rock’n’roll look, it is suitable for everyday wear as well as for New Year’s Eve parties. Learn the hair stylists’ hair techniques that you can use to create the look yourself at home – without a curling iron or heat!
The curly shag is one of the coolest hairstyles you can try this season
If you have straight hair, read how to style perfect, long-lasting curls
Why do we love the curly shag?
When we say the curly shag suits everyone, we aren’t kidding. Because this chic hairstyle creates volume and dimension for fine hair, gives thick hair a feeling of shape and airiness and beautifully emphasizes the naturally curly or wavy hair texture. The Curly Shag provides natural movement and texture and looks really cool. It offers the ideal way to refresh your look and look modern. Celebrity ladies like Zendaya give us a phenomenal example of what this hairstyle could do for the ladies with big curls. Your new style looks really stunning!
Tousled layers and feathered bangs are the best way to make fine hair look fuller
Curly Shag: How to create perfect curls without a curling iron that last all day
It can be quite difficult to achieve beautiful, lasting curls on straight hair. However, hair stylists have introduced us to a no-curling method that could achieve perfect, lasting results without any heat.
For this method you will need a roll of aluminum foil. Cut them into pieces, about 10cm is enough, and then fold each piece several times to create a long, sturdy stick. Prepare about 20 such aluminum rods (or more!).
The curly shag has tons of pretty texture
To curl your hair without a curling iron, comb it well. Separate a strand from the front and lightly mist it with water. Now take an aluminum stick and wrap your hair around it. The thicker the strand, the smaller curls you will get. Finally, attach the end of the strand to the aluminum foil with a small elastic band.
Separate a new strand and repeat the process described above. Continue like this until all of your hair is curled. Now you have 2 options: either stay like this overnight or wait a few hours. When at least 2 hours have passed, you can remove the aluminum sticks and rubber bands. Apply hair cream. Then loosen the curls slightly to further shape the hairstyle. Finally, fix with hairspray.
To get more volume, you can apply volume spray first
Hairstyle trend fall 2022: With the shag bangs you will stand out from the crowd and cause a sensation
Curl shag styling for curly hair
If your hair is curly, you will achieve the modern look much more easily. However, there are some key things you need to know if you want to create perfect-looking curls. Here’s how to get beautiful, bouncy, relaxed curls with just a blow dryer and a simple styling product:
- Wash and condition your hair with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
- Then pat the hair lightly with a towel. It should still be wet and ready to style.
- To achieve lasting curls, use a creamy curling product like Tecni.Art Bouncy & Tender and brush your hair well.
- Divide the hair into small sections and twist each strand of hair around your finger so that everything sits in small curls.
- When you’re finished, gently blow-dry the hair with the diffuser until all items are dry.
- Finally, run your fingers through the curls for a more relaxed look.
Enjoy your beautiful, bouncy curly shag!
Hair stylists give some tips for the perfect curly shag hairstyle
- For curly hair, use a styling cream to define the layers of the split ends.
- If you have naturally thick hair, spritz on a texturizing spray and run your fingers through your strands.
- Applying a sea salt spray improves the natural texture of wavy hair, while the mousse adds volume to thin hair and minimizes frizz.
- Partially drying your hair and blow-drying sections upwards will add volume to fine hair.
This season, the curly shag is gracing the heads of many celebrities with curls
Shag Cut – Inspiration for the next unusual haircut
The Curly Shag is THE hit hairstyle in autumn 2023
This unusual hairstyle is casual and chic at the same time