Casual Updo A casual updo is an elegant hairstyle in which the hair is pinned up but with a relaxed and effortless appeal. It is suitable for various occasions such as formal events, weddings, proms or even for everyday wear when you want a more sophisticated look.
Here is a general guide on how to create a loose updo:
- Preparation: Start with freshly washed and dried hair. You can add some texture or hold to your hair by spritzing on a little dry shampoo or hairspray.
- Curls or waves: If you have naturally straight hair, you can use a curling iron or hair rollers to give your hair curls or waves. This gives the hairstyle more volume and texture. If you already have curly hair, you can skip this step.
- Parting and backcombing: Divide the hair into sections. Start at the top of the head and lightly backcomb each section at the roots to create volume.
- Gather and Pin: Take the top section of hair and style it into a loose, messy bun or bun. You can also incorporate braids or braids to add complexity to the hairstyle. Secure the bun or bun with bobby pins or bobby pins. Let some strands loosely fall out to accentuate the casual look.
- Sides and Neck: Take the side and back sections of hair and braid or twist them into loose strands. Wrap them around the bun or bun and secure with bobby pins. Repeat this step until all hair is pinned.
- Finish: To give hold, spritz hairspray to set curls or waves and tame flyaways. You can also use bobby pins to fill in any gaps and shape the hairstyle.
It’s important to note that a loose updo depends on your hair length and texture. If you are unsure of how to achieve the hairstyle or if you have specific requirements, it is best to consult a professional hairstylist who can help you create your desired loose updo.