There are days when you just don’t feel like the “full beauty program”. Days when contouring kit, straightening iron and eyelash curler have no appeal at all. Of course you still want to look beautiful. Luckily, there are beauty tips and tricks for days like this, but also for the next vacation or “bad hair day” that will make life easier in no time at all.
10 beauty tips and tricks for summer
1. The best make-up base in summer? Suncream! Because in combination with your favorite make-up, it ensures flawless and at the same time perfectly protected skin. Light gel textures that are not greasy are best.
2. Pre-pool care: Before jumping into the cool water, put some leave-in conditioner in your hair – so chlorine and salt water can’t damage the hair!
3. Unfortunately, you often can’t get rid of annoying pimples completely, even in summer. A common trick is to cover them with concealer. In summer, the nuance should be adapted to the tanned complexion – otherwise the small blemishes will even be emphasized.
4. Does your favorite perfume evaporate far too quickly in summer? It “sticks” to these parts of the body for a particularly long time: behind the ears, in the crook of the arm and the back of the knee, around the navel and in the hair! It goes without saying that perfume is taboo when hiking through the forest or camping – because mosquitoes love perfume too…
5. No styler or volume spray at hand? Then simply use the sunglasses to give the hairline a swing! Here’s how it works: after showering, part your hair on the side and put your sunglasses on your head, after about ten minutes part your hair on the other side and fix it with the sunglasses again. Continue this until the hair is completely dry – hello, volume!
6. The beauty fans among you certainly don’t need to be told who Pat McGrath is. In any case, this beauty tip comes from the make-up luminary: eye shadow, foundation and even lipstick should always be applied or blended with your fingers. Product + body heat = the perfect translucent finish!
7. Why eye cream is so important has already been explained in detail here. However, there is another part of the face that is just as demanding: the skin around the lips. This is also happy about an extra portion of care – and the eye cream can be used for other purposes…
8th. One of my favorite beauty products is highlighter. Unfortunately, it can quickly look too artificial in everyday life. To ensure that the highlighter unfolds its effect on the cheeks and is suitable for everyday use, simply add some rouge.
9. A helpful beauty tip for everyone with naturally curly hair: If the curls lack bounce before a date in the evening or the day after washing your hair, mix water with a little leave-in conditioner and apply it to your hair using a spray bottle (available here on Amazon, for example) – this refreshes the curly look in no time at all!
10 Products that can do several jobs at once ensure light beauty baggage (not only) in summer. My absolute favorite in the “multitasker” category is a lip gloss, or rather lip plumper. One of my favorite make-up artists recommended the “Dior Addict Lip Maximizer” to me during an interview and I immediately bought the product. Since then, it has been with me day after day because it conjures up full lips (yes, really!), soothes chapped lips, is the perfect base for my favorite lipsticks and, thanks to the mint scent, provides a fresh kick.
If you had to choose: which one one beauty product would you take with you to a desert island?
PS: Some of you will already know this article from 2018. But since it’s so wonderfully timeless and goes so well with summer, today I want to share it with you again with a mini 2023 makeover!