The year 2023 is almost over and fortunately the fashion shows of the last few months have made clear the future make-up trends for 2024 and we will focus on them below. Remember these looks to be on point next year!
Make-up trends 2024: These looks inspire and will be highly sought after in spring/summer
These 2024 makeup trends will be seen everywhere
When it comes to makeup, attention to detail is all that matters. Excellent aesthetics can be created using small but subtle tricks. Make-up is also subject to the laws of fashion and these tendencies have crystallized in recent weeks at the fashion weeks in the largest fashion capitals.
- Experiment: Subtle details come into play and win the hearts of fashion fans. 2024 will be the year of the makeup extravaganza. New groundbreaking accent details are coming that we haven’t seen before.
- Retro motifs are being reinterpreted: Be it in terms of eyelashes or lipstick, the good news is that the make-up aesthetic from the 70s is getting new contextualization.
- Glow: A preference for metallics, shimmers and cool-shine highlighters that contour the face and make the eyeline the focal point will prevail year-round.
1. Make-up trend 2024: Asymmetrically applied eye shadows
We have make-up designer Diane Kendal to thank for this look: at Phillip Lim’s fashion show we saw models with asymmetrically applied eyeshadow. The colors with which this make-up trend works brilliantly are pastel shades in baby blue or orange. This is how you create an exclusive look in street style. Perfect as a highlight for your festival outfit in spring/summer 2024.
Get creative with eyeshadow and wear it asymmetrically
2. Make-up trend 2024: Eye make-up with graphic lines
This balanced, yet dramatic make-up has made headlines and for good reason: with this design you forego eyeshadow, classic eyeliner or mascara in favor of creating simple, abstract lines with eyeliner. It’s about a high-profile fashion look that makes you look like a model.
Makeup trends 2024: completely minimalist and completely eye-catching
3. Makeup trend 2024: retro eyelash line
An aesthetic from the seventies is making a comeback: it’s about eyelashes that are segmented into groups and look bushier in this way. But you still have to emphasize them with a saturated mascara so that the individual segments can come into their own. This lash aesthetic was characteristic of the makeup fashion of the 60s and 70s and is actually the retro aesthetic that we will celebrate next spring/summer 2024.
This retro look is one of the 2024 makeup trends
4. Makeup trend 2024: Two-tone lips
This cool aesthetic is about two-tone design of the two lips and this creates a very special look. Opt for colors that differ little in shade or are next to each other on the color wheel. Two-tone lips still look natural, but immediately catch the eye.
Design your lips with two colors
5. Makeup Trend 2024: Messy Brows
We just love this aesthetic. Messy brows are all about the texture of the hairs, which are intentionally made bushy and shaggy. You can create messy brows by brushing the texture in different directions and then sealing it with Vaseline. The make-up look works perfectly with simple eyeliner and lipstick in a close-to-skin tone.
Charming eyebrows are intentionally styled shaggy
6. Beauty trend 2024: metallics and glow
When it comes to facial contouring, fashionistas will go for silver glow. This applies to the preferred color of the eyeshadow and the shade of the highlighter. Metallics were popular in the ’90s and 2024 will see a reinterpretation of the decade’s iconic looks. This is part of the beauty trends for 2024.
Beauty trends 2024: Silver shades are on the rise