Decorate with color: beautiful furnishing ideas for the home!
After a long winter, the nice weather really motivates me to do it, a bit color in our home bring to! Basically, our facility is kept rather simple, but I like it very much to set occasional color accents. Then it can also be something gaudy.
And because I was so euphoric in the last few weeks and still am totally in the mood for a makeover am, I want you to be a part of it too. Decorating with color is the topic of today’s post here on my interior blog. I share my decoration ideas for spring and summer with you – let’s go!
Decorating with color: Beautiful interior trends in the living area
This year, a mix of reinterpreted classics with refreshing colours, elegant natural materials and eye-catching art objects is all the rage. Retro meets modernity and natural shapes are combined with geometric gimmicks. Color accents should not be missing. But what is the best way to to create a cozy oasis of well-beingwithout changing the basic color scheme?
Before you start the redesign to spice up your living space with color, you should first consider in what color scheme you want to move Are they more like pastel colorsthat suit you and your style of living or at least they do strong colorsthat change the look and feel of the room? You then agree on everything else and choose the right ones Decoration ideas and accessories to.
You can also find beautiful decorations at Westwing:
There are hardly any limits to your creativity. The only important thing is that in the end it all comes together and that the new colors can be easily combined with the existing interior. Experimentation and unusual combinations are also welcome. The aim is, an interesting and harmonious space to accomplish.
So you are looking for beautiful decoration ideas for the living room and would you like to bring a breath of fresh air into your own four walls? Decorating with color is always a good idea here, because there is absolutely no need to completely transform the whole home at once. I’ll tell you which interior trends are quick and easy conjure up a new feeling in your home.
Decoration and accessories for sideboard and coffee table
Would you like to give your sideboard a little makeover and improve it a little with decorative coffee table books? Create eye-catching books a special atmosphere and are a real eye-catcher. To put them in the right light, you can simply place them on top of each other on the sideboard or chest of drawers and place a pretty candle in a soft, natural tone on top.
A mirror makes the room appear bigger and is also a great eye-catcher. Styling tip: With a colored model or several small mirrors draped in a set, you can also give your sideboard a splash of color and thus visually emphasize it in the living room.
- Candlelight with coffee? Why not! Pretty twist candles go perfectly with marble candlesticks and enhance every coffee table in a playful way. They are also particularly decorative.
- With a large ceramic vase or unusual cachepots in pastel shades or bright colors, you not only set a colorful accent, but also make a stylish statement.
- A table lamp is an absolute must-have this year because it is making a big comeback and gives every room a particularly pleasant atmosphere. It doesn’t have to be consciously used as a light source, the warm glow is enough to create a cozy feel-good atmosphere.
- Abstract vases in various shapes and extravagant designs turn every chest of drawers into a small art gallery. To set them off perfectly, you can arrange them with dried flowers. But special vases also look chic without any flower decoration!
- You can store delicious treats, snacks or some fresh fruit in a baguette-shaped storage basket in a peppy shade at the coffee table.
- Colorful candles on a white marble tray provide more romance and color in the living room, which really brings out the colors of the candles.
Statements for the couch with current furnishing trends
More details and different textures are trending this year. Whether color, statement designs or individuality – playful and colorful decoration based on the wild 80s is back.
- Decorative cushions and cozy blankets in bright colors banish any boredom from the room. Instead, you set happy highlights with it and the combination of different patterns, colors and materials gives your couch a small upgrade.
- Round shapes in soft colors, like this knot cushion, ensure the comfort factor, while embroidered cushion covers in a floral design bring the warm months to you on the couch.
- It’s a match! Two different functions, one same pattern. Strong, expressive colors on the duvet and pillow ensure a cheerful atmosphere and an extra portion of comfort on the couch. By the way, they are a real eye-catcher!
- Say it over your pillow! With these trendy and, above all, expressive cushion covers, you are guaranteed to be an eye-catcher in the living room. Clear messages in harmonious but smart colors are definitely part of the current furnishing trends.
- Statements can also be made under the couch. Go for a nice, colorful rug and keep the rest of the decoration simple – it definitely works too!
Decorate with color thanks to stylish storage
while man folding boxes previously only used for shopping, today they are a fixed component stylish storage systems. That is why they are available in numerous variations and colours.The large variety of colors and designs makes you want to buy beautiful storage boxes. They make your home tidier and at the same time provide a colorful accent.
- Small, stackable collapsible boxes in bright colors are eye-catching and not only a great highlight in the office. You can use them in the kitchen for fruit and vegetables, in the living room for odds and ends or a candle arrangement – the possibilities are really diverse.
- Simple tones such as gray, black or white are unobtrusive and blend in well with the background, while soft tones brighten up a minimalist interior.
- Collapsible boxes in pastel colors are particularly beautiful, because they can be combined in many ways and are therefore suitable for every room. Both the storage room and the organization of the drawers or the care products in the bathroom can be neatly stored in this way.
Also great: A design container that provides both functional and visual added value. Here you get practical storage options in combination with a gently rounded shape. This makes this affordable designer piece a really stylish multifunctional talent that can also be used as a bedside table.
Fresh furnishing trends for your home
Well, have you now got the urge to bring a good portion of freshness into your home with new shapes, colors and decorative trends? I think that the current furnishing trends are the right motivation to try out decorating with color and to devote yourself to new, wonderful designs. With this in mind, I hope you enjoy experimenting and shopping for my decoration ideas!