Summer is hot as always, so most people prefer to stay at home. You have enough free time and can research numerous baking ideas on how to prepare something delicious for your afternoon coffee. With the heat, everyone wants to eat a piece of freshly baked and delicious cake. Do you have an appetite for a sweet fruit cake? Because we have a suitable recipe ready for you – a simple strawberry cake recipe with vanilla pudding! Preparing this strawberry shortcake is really easy and quick, you don’t have to stay in the kitchen for long. Compared to the classic Black Forest cake recipe, it’s quick and easy! There are also numerous preparation options to choose from, so you can prepare a different dessert with fresh strawberries every week, but always with a uniquely fresh taste! Because the strawberry cake tastes just like summer – it’s delicious and moist, aromatic and colorful!
This strawberry cake recipe with vanilla pudding can be imitated quickly and easily!
Why a fruit cake with strawberries?
There is no doubt that strawberries taste delicious! The blood-red berries are also healthy because they contain hardly any fat and few carbohydrates. In addition, they are rich in vitamin C, even containing a little more than oranges. The small berries have few calories and are ideal for in between meals or for anyone who wants to snack on something sweet without thinking about their figure. Since the strawberries are low in calories, they are also the perfect snack for people who are on a diet. The small amount of carbohydrates it contains has a positive effect on the body. When consuming fresh strawberries, you prevent the rapid rise in blood sugar levels. The contained vitamin C strengthens your immune system and has an antioxidant effect on the whole body. Your skin will also look fresh and shiny because strawberry consumption does not promote the body’s aging processes! You can read more about the healthy effects of strawberries on body and soul here!
Everyone is now convinced that strawberries are among the healthiest fruits, right?
Important note: You also have to be very careful with the amount of sugar in the strawberry cake recipe!
Now for the classic strawberry shortcake recipe!
With the following strawberry cake recipe with vanilla pudding you can prepare a delicious dessert that tastes just as good for young and old. There you have a unique combination of juicy strawberries with cake glaze, creamy pudding and a fluffy sponge cake base. For that you need the following ingredients:
- Ingredients for the biscuit base: 3 medium-sized eggs, 125g melted butter, 120g flour, baking powder, 1 sachet vanilla sugar, 90g sugar, some butter and breadcrumbs for the baking pan.
- Ingredients for the topping: 250g milk, 1 tbsp sugar, ½ pack of vanilla custard powder, 500g fresh strawberries, 1 small pack of red glaze.
Extra tip: In addition to a springform pan (26 cm diameter) you can use an adjustable cake ring. This one is a good helper in making the strawberry custard cake!
The fruity taste of the fresh strawberries comes first here!
Strawberry cake recipe with vanilla pudding – easy preparation in 5 steps
The preparation is easy, but takes some time. Plan about 50 minutes of working time, 25 minutes of baking time and at least 1 hour of cooling time.
- First you have to prepare the cake base. Put the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl and whisk until fluffy. Add the flour and baking powder and fold in. Add the melted butter to the batter and mix well. Grease the springform pan with butter and dust with some flour or breadcrumbs. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C top and bottom heat or to 160°C with convection.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and bake the cake base in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Do a chopstick test if necessary. Then take the base out of the oven and let it cool.
Anything with fresh strawberries tastes delicious and is delicious!
- Now it’s the turn of the vanilla pudding! Add the custard powder and sugar to the milk and mix well. Place this mixture on the stove and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook on low for 3-4 more minutes, then remove.
- Stretch a cake ring around the biscuit base and adjust accordingly. Immediately pour the pudding onto the cake base and allow to cool completely. Meanwhile, wash and halve the strawberries. Then spread them on the pudding so that they completely cover the cake.
- Last but not least, you need to prepare the frosting. Boil the mixture from the pack with sugar and water, following the preparation instructions on the pack. Then spread the glaze on the strawberries and put the strawberry cake in the fridge for an hour. Complete!
Do you want to try to make a strawberry shortcake for your loved ones according to this recipe?
After the strawberry cake recipe just presented, you get 12 delicious dessert pieces.
Last tip: The strawberry cake is not always strawberry beech with vanilla pudding! You can also prepare it as a strawberry cake with mascarpone or as a strawberry roulade. It is even easier to make a strawberry cake without baking. The preparation options are numerous, what always remains is the fruity taste, which is good for body and soul! Bon appetit!
A cake that always tastes good!
A strawberry cake also cuts a fine figure at every garden party!
The strawberry cake is also a special kind of summer dessert!