The Christmas spirit is slowly beginning to conquer our hearts and everyone is thinking about the Christmas tree in the interior. This is the heart of the season and brings joy and coziness. A new trend is becoming visible: the simple Christmas tree made from dead wood instead of the classic needle tree. The fashion comes from Scandinavia and harmonizes perfectly with the furnishings in the style of Nordic minimalism. If you want to know more about it and try out the trend this year, read on. This is what a Scandinavian Christmas tree made of wood looks like and you can make it yourself without any effort.
Scandinavian Christmas tree made of wood: This is how you can quickly make one yourself from natural materials and protect nature
Scandinavian minimalism will get many new updates in 2024, but its evergreen is the wooden Christmas tree. You can purchase such products online and therefore celebrate in a more environmentally friendly way.
A real eye-catcher that shines in the interior with minimalist charm…
Ecological awareness is a big part of hygge living. Wooden Christmas trees have a beautiful, simple aesthetic that is well received by many.
You can buy and assemble the Scandi Christmas tree
What is important about this?
- sustainability: Beautiful eye-catcher made of wood as a Christmas tree for the living room – just forget about buying freshly cut Christmas trees and decorating them for Christmas. Traditional conifers smell nice and are true to tradition, but they deprive nature of valuable green assets in times of climate change. And those who love hygge live in an environmentally friendly way.
- Minimalist and close to nature: No matter whether you buy the wooden Christmas tree or make it yourself, it has a certain something. The symmetrical shape, the comfort of the wood and a lot of minimalist charm, to name just a few of the advantages. The wooden Christmas tree looks like a giant toy, which gives the living room a romantic and cozy touch.
This is how you live in an environmentally friendly way according to the principles of Hygge
- adaptability: There are different designs and they differ in color and shape. This means that you will have a lot of scope to try out suitable Christmas decorations.
- Easy-care: A Scandinavian wooden Christmas tree will most likely be easy to dismantle. This saves you all the work involved in caring for indoor firs or disposing of a cut Christmas tree.
You can make the Scandinavian Christmas tree yourself from natural materials
Nice DIY project: Make your own wooden Christmas tree
DIY enthusiasts can even make the Scandinavian wooden Christmas tree themselves. To do this, you will collect dead wood from nature or the garden and process it creatively.
This Christmas tree will steal the show… It looks so rustic, close to nature and raw
What do you need?
- Tree trunk as a cushion for the Christmas tree
- metal rod
- Straight, similarly thick branches
A simple DIY wooden Christmas tree project
Step 1: Measure materials, sort them out and make a sketch
To make the task easier for yourself, sort out the collected wood. Measure the branches – this can be dead wood from different trees and will even give the Christmas tree a special touch. Depending on what materials you have collected, briefly sketch the structure.
Minimalist Christmas trees as Christmas decorations
Step 2: Cutting and Editing
Use the saw to trim the branches as needed. The longer branches go at the bottom and the shorter ones at the top, so that the shape of the Christmas tree can be created. Take the branches and check their material – ideally the wooden surface is healthy enough and not susceptible to mold. If necessary, sand the dead wood with sandpaper. By sanding you remove all unevenness and uneven cut edges from the natural material. This also applies to the tree trunk.
The right Christmas decorations are taken into account
Would you like to make rustic garden furniture yourself from tree stumps?
Step 3: Assembling the wooden Christmas tree
Drill a hole in the center of the tree trunk and place the metal rod into it. The thickness of the metal rod must match the holes in the different branches so that they can be mounted smoothly. The holes should correspond to the diameter of the metal rod and be stable. Now start threading the branches. The shortest ones come at the top. Position a standard wooden star at the top. The raw, minimalist and natural aesthetic is fascinating!
Such an eye-catcher also needs stylish Christmas decorations and we recommend that you keep them minimalistic. Christmas decorations made from natural materials that you have made yourself are best.
Such a small masterpiece without depriving nature of its important green assets..
Have fun with this excellent Christmas decoration from Scandinavia!