Tired eyes and eyestrain is a problem that affects many people these days. At work, many of us have to look at digital screens for several hours a day without protection from the brightness, which can be very damaging to our eyes. Luckily, there are some ways to counteract this phenomenon! What to do with tired eyes? In this article, we explain how to reduce puffiness and even whiten your skin!
What to do with tired eyes?
Try these tired eyes tips to heal the uncomfortable symptoms
What are the causes of tired eyes?
There are various reasons for eyestrain that makes you tired. These include above all:
- Looking at the screens of digital devices for a long time
- Bright light or glare
- Read non-stop to rest your eyes
- The effort to see in very dim light
- Driving long distances and other activities that require long periods of concentration
The causes of eye fatigue can be different
Tired eyes: symptoms
Tired eyes and eyestrain can lead to headaches that linger long after you leave the office. Tension can also cause tingling in the retina and even lead to facial spasms. Another symptom is computer vision syndrome, also known as digital eye strain. All of these symptoms are the result of fatigue caused by staring at the screen for several hours at a time.
If you work on the computer for a long time or use your mobile phone, you may know these symptoms very well
What to do with tired eyes? These home remedies can soothe tired eyes
#Tea for tired eyes
Tea contains tannins, which are an ideal remedy for puffiness and fatigue accumulated around the eyes. If you want a more soothing effect for irritated skin, opt for rooibos (red tea) or chamomile. If you want to get rid of swelling, it is better to use black or green tea:
- Soak 2 tea bags in hot water and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Once cool enough, take out the tea bags and place them over your eyes for about 5 minutes. Your eyes will look fresh again!
*Learn what happens to the body when you drink tea every day.
What helps against tired eyes? Do not throw away used tea bags!
Remove make-up from tired eyes: Make-up experts reveal their tricks for a lively look
#Avocado against fatigue and trickery
Avocados are also good for influencing fatigue. Not only the direct application on the dark circles under the eyes is beneficial. Eating this wonderful fruit has many health benefits for the body – avocado is a rich source of nutrients that most people lack in their daily diet, including magnesium, B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, folic acid and potassium. Many nutrients in avocados are essential for eye health and support the tear film.
- Leave a slice of avocado under each eye for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and apply eye cream.
*Do you know why you never have to throw away the avocado pits?
Use cold avocados if your eyes are itching
#What to do with tired eyes – use spoons
Yes, this method may sound strange, but it is effective! To use the spoon method for tired eyes, do the following:
- Cool two spoons under cold running water, then place them on your closed eyelids for a few minutes.
The cold helps to refresh the sleepy and tired eyes. Cold temperatures can also help minimize swelling in the eyelids.
Sounds strange, but it is effective!
#Cucumber as a home remedy for tired eyes
Cucumber is a proven home remedy for tired eyes whose popular beneficial properties have been used to beautify them for centuries. When eyes are dry, cucumbers can have a moisturizing effect, reducing dryness and redness. Cucumbers are also rich in vitamin C and folic acid, a combination of ingredients that stimulate cell growth and counteract environmental stress.
- Place a slice of cucumber on each eye and allow the skin around the eyelids to absorb the life-giving juices. This will not only refresh your eyes but also brighten them up!
*Learn how to properly care for mature skin.
Cucumbers have been used to treat tired eyes for centuries
#Potatoes against swelling and dark circles
Potatoes contain an enzyme that acts as a skin lightener. How to use potatoes for tired eyes on:
- You can apply potato slices directly to the dark skin around the eyes to restore their healthy appearance.
- Do not leave the potatoes on the affected areas for more than 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
*You will also learn how to remove make-up from tired eyes.
The coldness of the potato slices and the enzymes also help reduce swelling