Pizza is a favorite food of young and old. With salami, ham, mushrooms and what else, this has gained a reputation over time as an unhealthy, greasy and high-calorie dish. But pizza can also be a healthy dish if it is made with products that contain important nutrients for us. Like apples for example! Even if you are not a professional pizza maker, the apple pizza that we present today will work out very easily for you!
Apple pizza – an unconventional version of the popular classic
The pizza can also be healthy
Pizza is intuitively associated with Italy. Masterful preparation and a breathtaking aroma characterize Italian pizza. But people around the world prepare pizza at home and in different ways.
Above all, the topping plays a role in whether the pizza is considered healthy or not.
If the dough is thin and the topping consists mainly of vegetables, then you could treat yourself to such a pizza more often. A pizza with little oil and little cheese is a good alternative for all fans of the dish, but who value a good figure. A topping with plenty of salami and cheese, on the other hand, turns the pizza into a calorie bomb.
You can design the pizza very differently and according to your own preferences. There are both meat and vegetarian versions, so everyone can find that pizza that will please their taste buds. The ingredients for the topping can be so diverse that you can even use apples! An apple pizza can provide us with many healthy nutrients. Even if you add other typical products such as tomato sauce or mozzarella, the sweet pizza tastes just great. How healthy the pizza is depends on which products you combine. Prepared with whole grain dough or not, you decide that too.
by the way: It is best to make the dough for the pizza yourself! It is advisable to prepare this the day before.
If you want to try an unusual dish, try making an apple pizza!
Prepare apple pizza – it’s that easy!
If you have opted for the healthy pizza variant with apples, you could try the following recipe.
For the dough:
- 400 grams of wheat flour
- 1 cube of yeast
- 250ml of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2, 3 apples
- 100 grams of cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- Apple jelly as a spread
Apples are healthy and give the pizza a fresh touch
- Prepare the dough by mixing the flour with the yeast and a little salt in a large bowl.
- Knead the ingredients using lukewarm water and then form a ball.
- Let the ball rise in the bowl for 30-45 minutes, covering with a towel.
- Then take the dough and add oil. Then repeat the kneading process.
- Let the dough rise for another 30-45 minutes.
- Then roll out the dough.
You could also use ready-made pizza dough, but it works much better with homemade!
- First spread the dough with the apple jelly. This is considered the substrate for the covering.
- You now need to slice the apples thinly. Then top the pizza with it.
- Then you have to pour the custard over everything.
- At the end you need to dust the pizza with cinnamon and powdered sugar.
- Bake the sweet pizza in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes.
- You must serve the pizza warm, because that’s when it tastes best.
Want a different pizza? – Then treat yourself to an apple pizza!
Of course, you could easily add chicken or mozzarella to the apples. In fact, any combination is possible. Then the sweet pizza is not so reminiscent of an apple pie. Even then, the pizza tastes fantastic and unusual! It goes just as well with tomato sauce!
We hope that we have inspired you to prepare a delicious pizza with apples yourself! Incidentally, this is also ideal as an unusual dessert for your guests!
The pizza tastes great with apples!
The ingredients for a delicious pizza can vary
Customize the pizza dough by combining sweet ingredients with the usual products
The pizza with apples is a combination of sweet treats and pizza dough