Prepare strawberry cake – 2 easy recipes and 33 ideas for inspiration
Strawberry season is finally here! The small, sweet and fully aromatic fruits are available to us every year from May to July from the fresh, local harvest. Not only do they look super appetizing, they also contain a lot of healthy vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are good for our organism. In fact, strawberries are a real vitamin C bomb, because only 200 g of them completely cover our daily requirement. It’s best to buy the fruit fresh from a farm or organic nursery so you can get the best of it. Then it’s time to either enjoy the strawberries immediately after washing them up or include them in delicious desserts and salads. Making a delicious strawberry cake would be one of the best decisions. Today we will show you how easy and quick this can be done with the following recipes and ideas.
#1 Strawberry Cake with Sponge Base No Bake
(approx. 12 pieces; level of difficulty: easy; preparation time: 20 minutes)
- 3 cups (255 g) biscuits (Graham Crackers or Digestive Biscuits)
- 3/4 cup (170g) butter, melted
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled
- ⅓ cup (70g) brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup whipping cream
- 3 cups (675 g) cream cheese
- Extra strawberries, gypsophila and lavender for decoration
- gelatin (optional)
- Place the cookies in a food processor and grind until they become fine crumbs. Mix crumbs with melted butter. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with the mixture and place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Puree the strawberries and sugar in a food processor or blender.
- Add the cream cheese and stir smooth.
- Add the whipping cream and keep whisking until your mixture thickens nicely.
- Pour the thick mixture over the prepared crust, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. (Since the strawberry cake contains no gelatin, it is best to leave it in the cold and set overnight.)
- Store the strawberry cake in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It also freezes excellently in the freezer. Decorate with Gypsophila and lavender or any other pretty things of your choice to create an impressive dessert.
Also try a decoration with other edible flowers
Extra tip for the gelatine:
Take either two sheets of gelatin, two teaspoons of gelatin, or agar-agar. Soak the gelatine in a little cold water according to the package directions. When softened, drain the water. If you have a microwave, allow the gelatin to run in for about 10 seconds or until it has turned to liquid. Then take a couple of tablespoons of whipped cream, warm it up and mix it with the gelatin. Begin whipping the cream cheese mixture and slowly add the gelatin and whipping cream liquid. So the filling with gelatin is ready.
#2 Strawberry pie with custard and bananas
(approx. 8 pieces; level of difficulty: easy; preparation time: 40 minutes)
- 45 vanilla waffles and more to decorate
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 225 g soft cheese
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 150 g instant vanilla pudding mixture
- 1 cup sour cream, skimmed
- 2 medium sized bananas, sliced
- 500 g strawberries, cut vertically
Prepare a delicious strawberry cake with love
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and grease a 9 inch cake pan.
- Place waffles in food processor and process into crumbs. Add the butter slowly and continue to mix. Once the butter is incorporated, turn on the processor for another 10 seconds or so to evenly distribute the butter.
- Pour the mixture into the previously heated cake pan and bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Leave to cool completely. (You can also put the crust in the fridge to speed up the process)
- While the crust is cooling, prepare the filling. Place the cream cheese in the food processor and beat lightly and fluffy. Add 1/4 cup of the milk and mix on medium speed until smooth. Add another 1/4 cup and mix again until smooth. Repeat once more with another 1/4 cup of milk. Add the remaining milk, vanilla and pudding mixture. Beat everything smooth. Let the mixture sit for five minutes until thickened.
- Fold the sour cream into the pudding mixture.
- Place the bananas on the bottom of the cooled pie crust. Pour the pudding mixture over it. Place the remaining strawberries on top of the pudding, working from the outside in. Make smaller and smaller circles going towards the center until all the strawberries are used up.
- Sprinkle with crushed vanilla wafers. Et voilà!
You can also decorate the strawberry cake with pudding with fresh mint leaves
You can change these two simple recipes for strawberry cake as you wish and create your own variations. Give your culinary creativity free rein and enjoy the new strawberry season to the fullest.
You can also prepare the delicious cake with two cake bases
Or why not with three
Prepare strawberry cake without baking with lots of cocoa
Or decorate beautifully in white
And how about a strawberry cake in a glass?
Or experiment with the trendy Poke Cake?
Either way, a strawberry cake leaves no one indifferent…