Pumpkin lasagne – 2 great recipe ideas
Autumn time is pumpkin time! The cool season offers a wide variety of pumpkins, so that you can prepare very different dishes. Healthy, delicious and varied are just a few of the adjectives that can be used to describe them. Today, the focus of our post is Lasagna, and as you can already guess, it’s Pumpkin Lasagna! In a moment we will give you some tips on how to prepare them more easily and also share some recipe ideas with you!
Pumpkin Lasagna – How to make it yourself step by step?
A classic lasagna recipe consists of ground beef, cheese, tomato and béchamel sauce. But the seasonal alternatives to lasagne are also very popular, and not just among vegetarians. Then you use vegetables instead of minced meat, which gives the lasagne a fantastic new aftertaste.
Do you like lasagna? This can be prepared as a main course or as a fantastic dessert. And do you like to eat pumpkin? If yes, then it is very good for your health! And why not combine both things in one? Prepare a delicious pumpkin lasagna! You can try out really different combinations of products! Pumpkin lasagne with spinach, potatoes, chicken, mushrooms… Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipe ideas are possible. You can even refine them with pumpkin seeds or other nuts. We’ll show you how to prepare this delicious autumnal dish yourself, layer by layer.
Prepare different pumpkin dishes in autumn!
Prepare the autumn lasagna with pumpkin and spinach
Pumpkin Lasagna with Ground Beef
The first pumpkin lasagna recipe is a classic recipe. Of course, the ingredients in the recipe can vary.
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons oil
- some salt and pepper
- 2 tsp thyme
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 500 grams of minced meat
- 500g of tomato passata
- some lasagne sheets
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 100 grams of mozzarella
- 400ml milk
- some sauce binder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- a little fat
You can use different types of pumpkin for cooking
Lasagna is not only very popular in Italy
- First prepare the squash by washing, halving and deseeding it. If you’re not using Hokkaido squash, peel it. Only then can you dice the pumpkin.
- Peel the onions and dice them.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the ground beef inside.
- Then add the pumpkin cubes and the onions and continue to sauté.
- Then add salt, pepper, curry powder and thyme and sauté briefly.
- Then add 150 ml of broth and the tomato passata and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then mix the remaining 150 ml of stock with the milk and let it boil.
- Season with a little salt.
- Then thicken with the sauce thickener and remove the pot from the hotplate.
- Grease the casserole dish and arrange a layer of lasagne sheets first, then a layer of pumpkin sauce, and finally a layer of light sauce.
- The last layer should be the light sauce.
- Mix the mozzarella with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the lasagne.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and let the casserole cook for about 40 minutes.
Enjoy the cold autumn days with a delicious lasagna
Pumpkin Lasagna with Mushrooms
If you prefer to do without the minced meat, then prepare the lasagne with mushrooms. That is how it goes:
- 1 small squash or 480g pumpkin puree
- lasagna sheets
- 6 cups sliced mushrooms
- some parmesan cheese
- 8 cups finely chopped kale
- 12 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- some cashews
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- some sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- a bit of salt
- some oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- some basil
- 1.5 cups of water
You need these products for the lasagna with pumpkin and mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and cover the baking tin with baking paper.
- Cut the squash lengthways and discard the seeds. Grate the pumpkin flesh and put it in the baking pan. Add garlic cloves and oil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, put the lasagne sheets in a pot of water with 1 tablespoon of salt and let them cook. Add 1 tsp olive oil to keep the lasagne sheets from sticking together.
- Take a frying pan and preheat it. Then briefly fry the garlic in the pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 3-4 minutes so that it softens.
- Then put the mushrooms and fry everything for 5-7 minutes.
- Then follow kale, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and thyme. Fry everything again for 5 minutes.
- If the pumpkin puree is already ready, put it in the blender and add the roasted garlic, cashew nuts, lemon juice, some salt and water. Blend everything until you get a creamy consistency.
- Lower the temperature in the oven to 17 degrees Celsius.
- Then add a layer of sauce and then a layer of lasagne sheets to the baking dish.
- Repeat this a few times until you end up with a layer of sauce.
- Bake the pumpkin lasagna for 30 minutes and then let it cool down.
- Garnish with some parmesan cheese if you like.
How to do it step by step!
Work very precisely!
Layer by layer and everything will be ready soon!
Prepare a delicious casserole with mushrooms
We hope we’ve inspired you to try the Pumpkin Lasagna! Just choose a recipe according to your own preferences and do everything step by step and with lots of love! Surely it will work then!
Combine the pumpkin with other vegetables
Different ingredients can make the taste of the lasagne more delicate or intense
The creamy filling makes pumpkin lasagne a favorite for the whole family