Simply make cottage cheese yourself
You can easily make cottage cheese, or granular cream cheese, yourself. You only need a few ingredients and it’s ready to eat. Just try it out for yourself instead of just buying it ready-made.
Refine cottage cheese
You can combine cottage cheese with fresh herbs, spring onions, finely chopped vegetables or fruit. But also with spices, garlic. It tastes great with jam or even chocolate sprinkles.
It tastes great as a spread, dip for example with vegetable sticks, as an ingredient in dressings, sauces or as a filling, for example in puff pastry rolls or wraps.
Creamy cottage cheese
Depending on how lean or creamy you want the cottage cheese to be, just vary the amount of cream you add. Alternatively, you can only stir some sweet cream into the finished cottage cheese at the end if you like.
Homemade cottage cheese can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Also make other cream cheese yourself. Here are the top cream cheese recipes.
Just make cottage cheese yourself
Monitor stays on
- 1 L cow milk
- 50 ml sour cream
- 3 el juice of a lemon
- Squeeze the lemon and collect the juice.
- Put the milk and cream in a saucepan, mix well and heat the milk and cream mixture until it steams.
- Then immediately remove the pot from the stove and after 2 to 3 minutes gently stir in the lemon juice with the wooden spoon.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and leave to rest for a good 10 minutes until the curds have separated from the liquid whey. Then use a large knife to cut the curd into small pieces, criss-crossing them, and give them a quick stir.
Place a colander over a bowl and line it with the cheesecloth. Pour the contents of the pot into the colander and allow the whey to drain for at least 2 hours.You can use the whey for ricotta.
- Then you can season the cottage cheese with a little salt. Enjoy immediately or transfer to a container and store in the fridge.
serving: 100G | Calories: 100kcal