Cheesecake on a stick – prepare the popular cake trend 2022!
Fancy a cheesecake on a stick? Yes, it might sound a little strange and crazy… it is. Because the popular cake has never been so unusual. You can really rock a cheesecake with this new cake trend. In fact, in most cases this is prepared normally, with or without baking. But then the cheesecake is arranged in individual pieces on a stick and wonderfully decorated with chocolate, nuts, caramel, sugar sprinkles, etc. imaginatively. A refreshing ice cream variant is of course also possible. There is hardly anything that does not exist. Simply let your culinary imagination grow wings and experiment as you please. Here below are two easy recipes. Have fun and good luck!
1. Recipe: Cheesecake on a stick with chocolate icing
For 8 servings
- 200 g biscuits (Graham, Digestive)
- 100 g salted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
For the cheesecake filling:
- 250 g reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 200ml thickened cream, whipped into soft peaks
- 300 grams of dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil (coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped peanuts (or other nuts)
- 50 g white chocolate, melted, optional
- Caramel sauce, optional
Countless variants for real sweet tooth
- Lightly grease and line a 20 cm round springform pan. In a food processor, grind biscuits until fine crumbs form. Add the butter and cinnamon and mix until the mixture looks smooth. Press into the springform pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Make the filling: In a food processor, process the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and milk until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Fold in the cream. Pour over the biscuit base and smooth out. Freeze covered for 5 hours or overnight until set.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut cheesecake into 8 pieces. Insert a popsicle stick into the base of each piece, place everything on a tray and freeze until very firm.
- In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate until smooth. stir in oil.
- Dip a piece of cheesecake in chocolate until well coated. Place on a baking sheet or serving plate and repeat with the remaining pieces. Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Smear white chocolate on top and sprinkle with peanuts. Freeze or serve immediately!
2. Recipe: Ice cream cheesecake on a stick with strawberries
For 10 servings
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen, thawed strawberries
- Zest of half a medium-sized organic lemon
- 2 tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (37 g) organic granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (78 ml) water
- 80 g fresh goat cheese
- 80 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- Zest of half a medium-sized organic lemon
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 6 L (75 g) organic granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup crumbled graham crackers
You can try the recipe with other berries and ice cream shapes
- In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and water. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the juice is reduced by half and bubbling thick. Let everything simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature, then puree until smooth.
- In a jug of a blender, combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, milk, vanilla, lemon zest and juice, and sugar until smooth.
- Divide the berry puree among 10 popsicle molds. Carefully pour the cheesecake layer over the strawberry layer, leaving about an inch of space at the top.
- Tip: Use a chopstick to gently swirl the layers together.
- Scatter graham crackers on top of the cheesecake layer and press them into the mixture lightly so they stay in place when freezing.
- Place cheesecake popsicle sticks in the freezer and freeze them for several hours or overnight until set. Remove from the molds and serve or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Well, are you really excited? Like us? Then let yourself be inspired by the remaining cheesecakes in the style idea below and create your own individual delicacies. Pamper your senses and palate and celebrate the sweet side of life!
How about, for example, a unicorn cheesecake on a stick for carnival or Easter?
Or with delicious ice cream blueberry cheesecake on a stick?
Even as a Christmas dessert, the cake trend is in high demand
Colorful and creative – enjoy!