With the almost summer temperatures outside, our desire for ice cream increases enormously. We all absolutely deserve the cool delicacy. Because after such a long winter and in times of a pandemic, you long for some time off. Even better if it’s cute! How about delicious Easter dessert ideas with ice cream? These fit quite well at the moment and are quite popular with both children and adults. And even if Easter can be celebrated a little differently this year, we’ll stay in the close family circle or in the shared flat and definitely make the best of it.
Decorate your Easter ice cream imaginatively and colorfully
Depending on your own tastes and dietary preferences, you can prepare and serve your Easter ice cream in a variety of ways. Below you will find three different recipes for it. The first is very classic, the second is only for vegans and the third is simply colorful and fabulous. Have fun preparing and Happy Easter!
#1 Easter dessert recipe: vanilla ice cream from grandma’s time
(for 8 servings)
- 2 extra large eggs
- 4 extra large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar + 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- First, set up a water bath. A heatproof bowl over a saucepan with an inch of simmering water is ideal. Likewise, prepare an ice bath in which to place the bowl later. Place the eggs, yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt in the bowl. Split the vanilla bean in half, scrape out the seeds and add them and the scraped vanilla bean to the bowl.
- Let cook for about 10 minutes, whisking frequently to avoid scrambling the egg, until the mixture reaches 70°C with an instant-read thermometer. Then immediately remove the pudding and place in the ice bath to cool. Remove the vanilla bean.
- In a medium-sized bowl, use a mixer to whip the heavy cream until fluffy. Add 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract and continue beating until soft peaks.
- Remove the egg custard from the ice bath and add 1/3 of the whipping cream to lighten. Fold in the rest of the cream and place in a container. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to prevent an unsightly crust from forming. Freeze for about 4-6 hours depending on your freezer. Your homemade ice cream is then absolutely ready to be served and decorated.
For example, you can put the vanilla ice cream in chocolate egg halves
Or shape it into egg shapes and serve on sticks
#2 Easter Dessert Recipe: Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream with Ice Cream Maker
- 800 ml full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 120g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whiskey or rum
- Make sure your ice machine is operational. This usually means you have to freeze the bowl overnight.
- Combine coconut milk, sugar, cocoa powder, dark chocolate, salt, cornstarch, and vanilla extract together in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixed ingredients into a saucepan and simmer over medium heat for about two minutes. Take the pot off the stove.
- Allow to cool slightly for a few minutes and press the plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the chocolate mass. Refrigerate until completely cool (2-4 hours).
- When the mixture is completely chilled, follow your ice cream maker’s instructions to make the ice cream. About 10 minutes after stirring, add the whiskey or rum. When the ice cream is ready, transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze until completely set (8+ hours).
#3 Easter Dessert Recipe: Rainbow Ice Cream
- 1 can (400 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups cream
- Food coloring (blue, green, pink, yellow, etc.)
- Sprinkles and candy to decorate (optional)
- Combine condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl and stir well.
- Place the cream in another bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk.
- Add equal amounts of the mixture to separate bowls and mix in the food coloring.
- Spoon each color of ice cream into a suitable container to get a colorful mix of ice cream.
- Then place your ice cream container in the freezer. After a few hours, your colorful rainbow ice cream is absolutely ready.
Extra tip: Add the sprinkles and candy, if desired, and cover with plastic wrap before freezing.
Easter dessert ideas with ice cream are so diverse and always delicious. Check out the rest of the inspirational examples below and try something new!
How about, for example, an unusual ice cream cake for Easter?
Easter cakes and bunny-shaped cakes are among the most popular classics
You can also prepare a delicious ice cream cake with Oreo
A whole Easter nest can be designed on it
The best ice cream ideas are also implemented in the cone
Homemade mochi ice cream goes just as well with Easter
You can design this in the form of little chicks
Ice cream macarons or biscuits are also not a bad idea for Easter