In a week we will be celebrating the big Easter, so a lot of preparations are already underway. Everywhere we see beautiful Easter decorations that get us in the mood for the festival. The children look forward to the egg hunt in the garden while their parents discuss the Easter menu. But there are also some practical aspects associated with Easter that should not be neglected. That’s why we’re happy to help you with ideas on how to color or marble your eggs and then use the leftovers. If you have a lot of eggs left over after the holidays and don’t know exactly what to do with them, read on. Today we present you a recipe for a delicious egg salad. Anyone can prepare this salad at home quickly and with few ingredients. It always tastes somewhat spicy, is aromatic, creamy and fluffy. The salad not only goes with the Easter menu, it can also be prepared for many other occasions.
It’s easy to conjure up a quick egg salad yourself.
Whether as a spread for a little hunger in between or for a barbecue in the summer….
Make the classic recipe for an egg salad yourself at home
You don’t need many ingredients for the classic egg salad, which means you don’t have to dig deep into your pocket. The salad is quickly conjured up for little money and is on the table.
For 4 servings you need the following ingredients: 8 eggs, 120ml mayonnaise, 1 tsp mustard, half a bunch of spring onions, salt and pepper to taste, ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika powder.
Few ingredients and quick preparation – that’s what characterizes the classic egg salad!
the preparation is really simple, so this recipe is also suitable for beginners in the kitchen! We briefly describe the individual steps:
- If you use fresh eggs, you must first hard boil them, either in a pot of water or in the egg cooker. Let them cook for about 10 minutes and then shock the eggs with cold water. Then let them cool down! But if you have leftover eggs after Easter, you can of course use them for a hearty egg salad. In this case, you save yourself the first step of preparation and your salad is ready in 15 minutes at most!
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them into small cubes. Put the egg cubes in a bowl.
The whole preparation takes about 30 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard together. If you make your own mayo, your egg salad would definitely taste lighter. If you would like more seasoning then you can add some more mustard according to your taste.
- Wash the spring onions and cut them into small rings. Add these to the salad and mix well. Finally, season your homemade egg salad with salt, pepper and paprika powder. Then refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before serving! Finished!
You can’t go wrong with this simple recipe!
Some tips and tricks for a delicious egg salad
- You can cut the hard-boiled eggs into pieces of any size. Many people just want to cut the eggs in half, others prefer smaller pieces. That means the size of the egg pieces is entirely up to you!
- Don’t overdo the mayo or you’ll end up with a pretty hearty flavor from the egg salad. Not everyone could take it well. Instead, use a little mayo and combine it with sour cream or yoghurt. In this case, you get a fine taste that is also good for your stomach.
- Mustard has a very spicy taste. Instead of mustard, you can use other spices for the egg salad depending on your own preferences. A little dill, for example, and finely chopped parsley go well together and give the salad a new flavor.
When making egg salad yourself, you can vary the spices according to your own taste!
- It is imperative to put the finished egg salad, well covered, in a bowl or other container in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. In this way, all the ingredients are well absorbed and you then have a really fine-tasting salad. In addition, he does not get dark borders.
- Caution! The finished egg salad can be kept in the refrigerator for no more than two days. It is recommended to consume it as soon as possible within this time!
- In addition, we definitely advise against freezing this salad! When freezing, the taste of the boiled eggs is lost. The consistency of the egg salad can also suffer. Upon surfacing, the lettuce may become watery and not look good at all. There will be no trace of its delicious taste!
Make an egg salad yourself – that’s the classic in the Easter season!
Extra tip for vegans: However, if you are vegan, you can make your own egg salad, without animal products of course! In this case, instead of eggs, use chickpeas from a jar, small pasta and vegan mayonnaise. The taste of this vegan salad is deceptively real to that of real egg salad!
A vegan egg salad also tastes great!
Small noodles are also part of the vegan recipe for egg salad.
If you like it spicy, use some peppers, garlic and pumpkin seeds.
Egg Salad with Fried Shrimp – You’re in for a treat!
On freshly baked bread, the egg salad tastes unique and helps against a small hunger!
Whether vegan or classic – the egg salad is quickly prepared and served in no time!