Peach Muffins with DIY Peach Toppers – Miss K. Says Yes
Let’s party! We serve summery fresh peach muffins with homemade peach toppers at the school enrollment party.
What a special day! After being greeted at school and the first lesson with the class teacher, we walk home and toast the first day of school with lemonade. Pure excitement and joy!
Delicious peach muffins are ready. We devour them with relish.
We decorate our banquet table with our Cheeky Fruits series. Cheerful colors, summery motifs. Click on the blog post summery decorations for school enrollment – there you will get a few more insights.
Peach muffins with homemade peach toppers
For refreshment after the first lesson, we baked delicious peach muffins.
Recipe: Peach Muffins
The amount of the recipe makes about 12 muffins.
- 120 g wholemeal flour
- 140 g light flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp spices of your choice (vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, …)
- 60 g chopped nuts
- 250 g fruit (in our case peaches)
- 1 egg
- 140g brown sugar
- 80 ml vegetable oil or 125 g softened butter (or margarine)
- 280 g yoghurt (or buttermilk, milk or sour cream)
- Fat for greasing the baking pan or paper liners
- As a topping: white couverture and sugar sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease your baking tin if necessary (or place the paper cups in the tin).
- Mix both types of flour in a large bowl with the baking powder and baking soda.
- Add spices and nuts.
- Clean the peaches and cut them into small pieces. If you use canned fruit, drain well and cut into small pieces.
- Add the fruit, egg, sugar, yogurt, and vegetable oil to the flour mixture and mix all ingredients into a smooth batter.
- Divide the muffin batter into the molds and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Then let the muffins cool down completely.
- We spread white couverture and sugar sprinkles on the muffins. And put in homemade peach topper! You can find the instructions for making the cake toppers below.
tip: Varying is not a problem! This recipe is our basic muffin recipe. Whether vanilla or cinnamon, cherries, blueberries or peaches. Just take whatever you feel like 😉
DIY Cake Topper: DIY Peach Toppers
You need this for this:
- Orange mini honeycomb balls
- Green cardboard
- Small wooden skewer or toothpick
That’s how it’s done:
- Cut out sheets of cardboard.
- Unfold the honeycomb balls, glue them together and attach the cardboard sheets to the top with glue.
- Now fix the wooden skewer with glue at the bottom of the honeycomb ball.
- Now just let it dry well.
Your peach cake toppers are ready!
Recipe ideas for the summer party
Are you looking for more recipe ideas for your summer party? You will find what you are looking for in our recipes category!
Salty favorites for hot days:
Happy ideas for your celebrations can be found daily on our Instagram.
We baked the summery, fresh peach muffins for our cheeky little fruit school enrollment shoot. The entire Miss K team was allowed to taste. Delicious!
The “Naughty Fruits” decorative series includes invitations, banderoles, placemats, garlands, etc. All designed by us and printed for you on recycled paper.
You can find the summery decor for your school enrollment party on our Shop the Look page: Decoration for school enrollment