Some swear by intermittent fasting, others by skipping breakfast or dinner. And still others are of the opinion that breakfast should definitely be eaten every day. When it comes to breakfast, opinions often differ. So what’s the right thing to do now? Maybe there just isn’t THE right one. Because every organism is a small universe that works according to its own rules. One should treat this with love and patience and always proceed mindfully with the food. After all, a nutritious breakfast provides us with important vital substances and proteins that give us a good start to the day.
So if it makes you feel better, then there’s nothing wrong with having breakfast. Of course, every day is a bit different and you can vary it according to your mood. Whether it’s a foamy smoothie, fluffy pancakes or a wonderfully fragrant omelet with mushrooms – everyone can always find something that suits them. Today we have 5 incredibly delicious and, above all, quick breakfast ideas ready for you. For those of you who work from home in the home office, they are particularly well suited. Give them a try and start the work day with a treat or a filling drink!
#1 Recipe: Chia pudding with mango and coconut
- 300 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 100 g low-fat yogurt
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp dried coconut
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- Place the coconut milk, yogurt, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and dried coconut in a bowl and mix well. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes and stir again.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge overnight to chill.
- Remove the coconut chia mixture from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, garnish the pudding with the diced mango or arrange in layers. Complete! Heavenly delicious!
#2 Recipe: American-style quick pancakes
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- maple syrup to taste
- Mash the banana with a fork in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and cinnamon.
- Mix the ingredients together well.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add your batter in small portions.
- Toast one side for 3-4 minutes, flip and repeat.
- Drizzle with a generous amount of maple syrup. Enjoy your meal!
#3 Recipe: Granola Cupcakes with Blueberries
(for 8 cake cups)
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1 large egg white
- cooking spray
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Grated organic lemon zest (optional)
- Oven on 160 °C preheat.
- Combine the oats, walnuts, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Combine honey and almond butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Set the microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds. Heat the mixture in it and stir until smooth.
- Add the honey mixture and egg whites to oat mixture and stir briefly.
- Divide the resulting mixture evenly among 8 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Using a piece of parchment paper (to prevent sticking), press the oat mixture into the bottom and top of each muffin cup.
- Bake at 160°C for 15 minutes or until edges are browned and crispy. Allow the granola cupcakes to cool completely in the muffin cup.
- Carefully run an offset spatula or butter knife around the edges to loosen and remove the cupcakes from the muffin tray.
- Fill each cupcake with yogurt and top with about 1/4 cup berries. Sprinkle with grated lemon peel if desired. The quick and delicious granola cupcakes with blueberries are ready!
#4 Recipe: Energy balls with dates and grated coconut
(for 15 balls)
- 20 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup dry roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chia seeds, hemp seeds, flaxseed flour (optional)
- Soak the dates in a bowl of hot water and let them steep for a few minutes. Remove the dates from the water and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
- Grind 1 cup of almonds in a food processor, scoop out 3 tbsp, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the 1/2 cup shredded coconut, almond butter, sea salt, and any optional seeds to the food processor along with the dates and continue blending until a soft ball of dough forms. Taste the flavor and add additional salt if desired.
- Place the ball of dough in a bowl and add the remaining 3 tablespoons of the chopped almonds.
- Roll the dough into small balls and roll them in the remaining grated coconut.
- Place on a baking sheet and leave to harden in the fridge or freezer. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer.
#5 Recipe: Green Shakshuka
- 3 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g baby spinach
- 1 shallot (or spring onions), chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Micro coriander or more coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp oil. Add spinach and sauté until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place in a colander and drain excess water by pressing into the spinach with the back of a wooden spoon. Put aside.
- Reheat the pan and add 1 ½ tbsp oil. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cumin and coriander, sauté for 1 to 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Return the spinach to the pan and season lightly with salt and pepper. Fry for 1 minute. Stir in cilantro.
- Place half the mixture in a food processor and blend with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil until smooth. Pour the puree back into the pan and stir. Divide the mixture evenly and make 5 wells in the spinach mixture.
- Carefully add the eggs, one at a time, one in each well. Continue cooking for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour some water into the pan and cover for about 2 minutes to allow the mixture to steam and the egg whites to harden. Remove the lid and sprinkle with half of the feta cheese. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Remove the shakshuka from the heat and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Top off with sliced avocado and more cilantro.
- Serve immediately with toasted baguette or flatbread. Enjoy your meal!
Find other super quick breakfast ideas that are also pretty healthy and try them out to your heart’s content. Also, be inspired by the delicious culinary creations below and experiment with them whenever you have time.
Have fun and a healthy and easy start into each new day!
Healthy porridge with almonds and strawberries
Asian style buddha bowls
Granola yogurt cups with blueberries
Green asparagus and arugula garnished with boiled eggs
Nutritious omelet with mushrooms and basil