Do you still remember the fluffy, delicious waffles that your grandmothers baked at home on cold winter days? Their fine delicacies were certainly a real temptation for young and old. We’ve been looking for the best waffle recipe in the world for a long time. The result: you can’t find anything better than grandma’s waffles! That’s why we want to remind you today of this unique taste of waffles and share a classic recipe for it. Stay tuned if you want to make Grandma’s Waffles today and wow everyone in the family!
You can also bake these appetizing delicacies yourself using Grandma’s waffle recipe.
You need these ingredients for fluffy waffles like grandma used to make
For 4 servings you need the following ingredients:
For the waffles:
- 250 g flour
- Half a packet of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml whole milk
- 200 ml mineral water (for extra fluffiness!)
- 120g melted butter
- 80 grams of granulated sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
You only need two ingredients for the cinnamon sugar for sprinkling:
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
This is how grandma made the waffles!
Grandma’s waffles have a peculiar, unforgettable taste!
Grandma’s waffles are made quickly and always taste heavenly delicious
Preparing waffles according to grandma’s recipe is easy and doesn’t take much time. Here is the classic waffle recipe described step by step:
- Separate the eggs into whites and yolks. Beat the egg whites and set aside.
- Beat the butter with the granulated and vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt with the hand mixer for a few minutes until a creamy mass is obtained. Then fold in the three egg yolks and continue to mix gently until you can no longer see the grains of granulated sugar.
- Add half a packet of baking powder to the flour and mix well. Then alternately add the flour and milk to the egg and sugar mixture. To make the batter for your waffles fluffy like grandma used to make it, add the mineral water and mix it with the batter.
- Finally, add the beaten egg whites to the batter and stir.
Bake grandma’s waffles yourself – quick and easy!
Grandma’s waffles recipe – that’s how it’s done!
Now it’s time to bake! Also follow the next steps to make fluffy and delicious waffles like grandma used to make them yourself:
- Preheat the waffle iron (high level) and brush the baking surfaces thinly with oil.
- Then take a ladle of batter and put it in the middle of the waffle iron. Spread well and close the waffle iron. Bake the waffles for 2-3 minutes until golden and fragrant.
- Continue making waffles until you run out of batter.
- Place the finished waffles on a large plate and serve with powdered sugar and cinnamon to taste. Our tip: sprinkle the waffles with a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Simply mix 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar with a teaspoon of cinnamon. Complete!
Grandma’s waffles recipe: easy to prepare, great taste!
Then serve the waffles warm! Classic with powdered sugar!
How can you refine Grandma’s waffles as you like!
Depending on your taste and the occasion, you can refine the grandma’s waffles even further. In addition to powdered sugar and cinnamon, you can also use maple syrup, cream, sour cherries, blackberries or other delicious ingredients to serve the waffles with. The waffles taste very hearty if you add some cinnamon or grated lemon zest to the waffle batter. You can also replace part of the flour with ground almonds or hazelnuts.
These waffles with strawberries and ice cream will melt your heart!
Waffles with blackberries like grandma used to make! Then you have to lick your fingers!
But if you are vegetarian or vegan and do not eat any animal products, we will give you a vegan waffle recipe in the next video, without eggs of course!
You can also prepare vegan waffles according to Grandma’s waffle recipe!
An irresistible treat that we know from our childhood.
Enjoy your meal!