It’s the end of the year and the numerous festive days tempt us to create delicious treats ourselves. Christmas and New Year’s are celebrations that inspire you to give your best and prepare an extraordinary dessert. But it could be easy if you choose a simple dessert and present it in an attractive way… Like the tiramisu itself! Tiramisu is our favorite dessert ever! That is why we would like to give you another recipe idea today, namely with cherries. The cherry tiramisu is super delicious and easy to prepare. So what a better dessert for New Year’s Eve! We present two variants of the dessert: a classic and a vegan one. Let’s see how it goes!
Cherry Tiramisu – Classic or vegan: everyone can find something
Those with a sweet tooth love tiramisu!
Prepare the cherry tiramisu in a few slices
The tiramisu is very suitable as a festive dessert. Just as you can prepare a Christmas tiramisu in a glass, you could also serve a suitable version of the dessert for New Year’s Eve. The cherries add an irresistible taste to the popular treat! We’re about to share the simple recipe with you!
The tiramisu with cherries is a very elegant dessert
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 1 kg of cherries
- 80 grams of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 pack of ladyfingers
- 1 dash of cherry liqueur or possibly orange juice
- grated chocolate flakes
For the cream:
- 500g mascarpone
- 5 eggs
- 50g granulated sugar
- Wash and stone the cherries.
- Put them in a saucepan with the sugar, vanilla sugar and cherry liqueur.
- Let everything cook for 5-10 minutes until it loses its juice, then drain the juice.
- Mix 5 egg yolks with the mascarpone and the sugar.
- Then beat the egg whites and fold into the mascarpone.
- Briefly dip each individual ladyfinger in the cherry juice.
- Line the bottom of a glass or larger container with the lady fingers.
- Scatter some cherries on top.
- Spread with the mascarpone cream.
- Repeat the same a few more times until the mascarpone cream covers the top.
- Refrigerate the tiramisu for at least 2 hours.
- Decorate with chocolate flakes just before serving.
The pictures below illustrate the process of preparation.
Vegan and gluten-free tiramisu with cherries
Vegans can also rediscover the classic dessert. In this case, too, the dessert could be presented in completely different ways. Whether in wine glasses or in a larger form, everyone decides it according to their own requirements and preferences. If you want a vegan version, you should allow a little more time for the preparation. You can’t get a delicious vegan tiramisu without any effort!
Ingredients for 5 servings:
For the biscuit dough:
- 100g white rice flour
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 50g cornstarch
- 50g almond flour
- 1.2 packets of baking soda
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1 pinch of vanilla
- 100g xylitol
- 300ml soy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 160g coconut yoghurt
Ingredients for the whipped cream:
- 200g natural tofu
- 250ml coconut milk
- 50g organic rice syrup
- 60g organic cashew nuts
- 1.2 tsp vanilla
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk
Ingredients for the topping:
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons black brewed coffee
- 200g cherries
- First mix the dry ingredients for the biscuits.
- Then mix soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Add the mixture to the dry ingredients along with the coconut yoghurt and almond butter.
- Mix everything and put in a suitable form.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C° for about 30 minutes. Then let it cool down.
- Cut into 3 layers with a knife.
- Chill the coconut milk for 30 minutes and soak the cashews in water for an hour.
- Drain the cashews and mix together with the coconut milk and the remaining ingredients until creamy.
- Put the first base in the mold, soak it with coffee.
- Spread a third of the cream on the base.
- Sprinkle some cherries on the cream.
- Put the second base on the cream and repeat the same until the cream forms the top layer of the dessert.
- It is best to leave it overnight so that it tastes good.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder over the cream.
Creamy, delicious and… so festive!
Here you can draw even more inspiration on how to design the festive dessert. In fact, there are almost no limits to your imagination and you should simply give free rein to your creativity.
Prepare the classic Italian dessert with juicy cherries
Delicious cream, layered with delicious ladyfingers and crunchy cherries – a special dessert so…
Decorate the dessert festively for even more good mood
Cream, chocolate, cherries… Together they make something delicious