Free weddings are becoming increasingly popular in Germany – rightly so Anja Happe from Goldröschen wedding speeches finds. Because the free wedding ceremony enables every bridal couple to get married exactly as it suits them and their very personal history. The preparation and planning are essential in order to celebrate a really successful start on your wedding day with many shared goosebumps moments. Anya Happe gives you tips in this article on how to find the speaker who will create an unforgettable wedding ceremony with and for you.
Get an overview
Due to the current trend around the free wedding ceremony, the market offer is very confusing and has become complex, especially for bridal couples who are still at the very beginning of their planning. Therefore: first keep calm. Have you ever personally experienced a free wedding? Great – what did you like about the wedding ceremony and what did you not? Can you imagine being married by the wedding speaker present there as well?
In fact, most of my couples have never been to one before free wedding ceremony and begin their search on a blank sheet of paper. Here I would like to recommend, first of all regionally according to the Wedding Speakers near you to search. Relevant portals such as Zankyou support you in getting an initial overview with just a few clicks.
Take the time to actually read through the webpages of each speaker you’re considering. Every professional speaker puts himself there, his way of working and his experience before. This is also an opportunity for you to see directly whether the speaker’s style suits you or whether you would like to search further.
As a next step, you should Contact 3-5 wedding speakersto find out if the speaker is still available on your desired wedding day spare capacities has and what costs you will incur. The good speakers are mostly fully booked about 1 year in advance. After this first pre-selection, the time has come: that first introductory meeting is agreed.
- Try to think about what you can do for yours in advance individual free marriage is important. Would you rather be married by a man or a woman, a free theologian or a secular speaker, a classic or a more funky wedding speaker.
- the regional proximity is in the planning stages not to underestimate. In addition to the introductory talk, you will meet your wedding speaker personally for the wedding talk and usually also for the final talk. This is usually much better the traditional way than via Facetime and telephone.
- Check out the Internet presence of your favorites very precisely: is there a professional website, how long have you been speaking, what are the ratings of real bridal couples, etc.
- Some speakers put audio samples or videos on their website as references so you can get a first impression. This usually speaks for a professional approach
The introductory talk
As soon as the first feedback from the wedding speakers comes in, it is usually the first Non-binding introductory talks agreed. There are a wide variety of approaches here. Personally, I always meet the bridal couples in real life. Because in order to be able to celebrate the wedding that the bride and groom want, the chemistry has to be right. And on both sides. Because not every couple suits every wedding speaker. Of course, this also applies vice versa.
In the later marriage ceremony, you will tell your free speaker a lot about yourself and Your personal love and life story reveal. There has to be one for that trust basis give on both sides.
Think Introductory talks usually last at least 1 hour, where I talk a lot. It is very important to me to take the time it takes for each couple and not to look at the clock. During the first meeting I tell a lot about myself and my way of preparing a free wedding ceremony in order to celebrate the big day together at the end. That’s when we usually meet at a local cafe, in order to “get a taste” of us on neutral ground. Incidentally, I like to conduct the marriage talks that take place later in the couple’s home in a protected atmosphere.
- There should be max. 3 introductory talks be agreed. Both you as the bridal couple and the speakers put a lot of time and heart and soul into a free wedding.
- The famous first impression is what matters. Especially when it comes to your own wedding, you should trust your gut feeling.
- Every wedding speaker works differing: Please ask in advance whether the introductory meeting is free of charge for you or whether it will be credited later.
One of the first questions is always: how expensive is such a free wedding? There is no general answer to this, because every wedding speaker works differently and uses a different calculation as a basis. In principle, however, a few general points can be said about pricing. Does your favorite wedding speaker carry out this activity full-time or part-time? about how much experience does the speaker have, in which region is the wedding to take place, is it a small business that is exempt from sales tax, are just a few other important factors when it comes to the question of fees.
From my point of view, the most important point is the question of how individually you and your wedding are looked after. Does the speaker work with many templates and “stories”? Is there a fixed procedure or a specific scheme, which is always the basis of the wedding ceremony and thus makes the work easier? Which text modules are used frequently? How specifically does your speaker address you and your very personal wishes? All in all you can at a wedding ceremony personally developed for her Expect a workload of at least 35-40 hours – i.e. a whole working week. And this has its price.
- the Budgets of wedding speakers vary greatly. Junior speakers start at around 400-500 EUR, while for experienced speakers you will pay at least 50% more.
- Check exactly which services are included in your offer. Some speakers offer different packages or charge based on performance (e.g. every ritual, involvement of family and friends).
- Think carefully in advance whether you really want to commission a relative or friend to carry out your wedding ceremony. Because it sticks much more work, routine and experience behind than many suspect at first glance.