What could be nicer on hot summer days than enjoying a delicious ice cream that you have prepared yourself at home? Making your own ice cream is one thing, but making ice cream cones is another. If you’ve made homemade ice cream several times, then it’s time to up your skills and try something new. Make ice cream cones yourself – that’s what we’re going to do today. Do not worry! You can easily do this at home. We’ll tell you how it works…
Ice cream – one of the most delicious temptations in summer
Making your own ice cream cones is child’s play. If you don’t believe it, keep scrolling…
Make your own ice cream cones – This is a fun summer activity the whole family can take part in
A simple vanilla dough is scooped onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet, formed into a thin circle, and baked until golden. While the ice cream cones are still warm and pliable, they are wrapped around a cone shape to create the classic triangular shape of an ice cream cone.
Homemade ice cream cones
Alternatively, you can make edible ice cream cones using the same recipe and drape the warm ice cream cones over an inverted muffin tin. Either way, it’s a baking project you should definitely try.
Make ice cream cones even more fun with these tips and tricks
Recipe for ice cream cones
Making these homemade ice cream cones will not only be fun, but they will melt in your mouth too! Of course you have to be careful when shaping the waffles as they have to be still warm. But this is a really fun family activity that will liven up the whole house.
Try this delicious ice cream cone recipe
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup egg white, from about 5 large eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
You probably have all these ingredients at home
- Prepare all ingredients;
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 180°C;
- Divide ingredients for ice cream cones into bowls;
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, egg white and salt. Beat with whisk until sugar dissolves (no need to beat ingredients until peaks form);
- Beat sugar, egg white and salt mixture in a bowl with a whisk;
- Stir in melted butter, flour, and vanilla until well combined;
- In a bowl, mix the ice cream cone batter with a whisk;
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. For each ice cream cone, place 2 tablespoons of batter on the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough space between them so the cones spread evenly;
- Don’t try to make more than 4 waffles at a time, as you’ll need to form the cones quickly once they come out of the oven.
- Gently roll out each ball of dough into a circle about 5cm in diameter. Bake until waffles are lightly golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and quickly shape the warm, pliable waffles around a cone shape. You have to work very quickly before the ice cream cones set. If these are too hot to handle, you can turn them out around the mold with a clean kitchen towel.
- Place cone shaped ice cream cones on a baking sheet;
- Alternatively, the baked waffles can be placed over an inverted muffin tin to form ice cream cones.
- Allow the ice cream cones to cool completely before filling them with ice cream.
Follow these steps one by one
Bake only 4 waffles per tray
The ice cream cones should be thin
Last step – form ice cream cones
Enjoy homemade ice cream!
If you’re working alone, it’s best to only bake four waffles at a time.
The wooden cone shape featured here is also known as the Italian pizzelle roller or Norwegian krumkake cone maker. They can easily be bought online.
Because the waffles set quickly as they cool, it’s difficult to work fast enough to form more than four when the sheet comes out of the oven. If you have an extra pair of hands and more cookie cutters, you can bake more at once.
If the waffles get too hard to shape, return them to the oven for a few seconds and then try again.
Forming perfectly dense ice cream cones can be difficult compared to commercial ice cream cones. To avoid drips, place a mini marshmallow in the bottom of the top before filling with ice cream.
Put the finishing touches on your homemade ice cream cones according to your own preferences
This is what summer tastes like!
It tastes best with chocolate, right?
So you have an ample supply!