It’s really summer. Splendid! You can stay outside longer, have a barbecue with friends, go to parties, lie down in a park on a green meadow with a good book in your hand. If only the heat waves and the high temperatures weren’t there. Especially women with long and medium-length hair know what it’s all about. The beautiful head of hair almost becomes fatal on hot days. Especially on the neck it feels unbearable and you sweat and sigh like in the tropics. And although short hairstyles are extremely popular this year, not everyone wants to cut off their great mane right away. It is also not necessary! Today we show you 8 simple and super cool summer hairstyles, with which you can keep a cool head even in the greatest heat.
#1 Top knot
On hot days when hair on the nape of your neck feels unbearable, this style is the perfect choice. Balance the simplicity of the style with modern statement accessories like large hoop earrings. And this is how the hairstyle is styled:
#2 Sleek ponytail
Summer is definitely the best time to get creative with your ponytail hairstyle. Perfect for summer days and nights, this effortless, sleek ponytail takes just two seconds to style. Here is the guide:
- Apply some blow-dry gel to towel-dried hair and blow-dry straight with a round brush.
- Slick your hair into a high ponytail leaving a small section exposed. Secure it with an elastic band.
- Take the remaining small section of hair and wrap it around the elastic of the pony. Secure a bobby pin.
- Apply a dab of styling gel to your palms and run along your hairline to tame flyaways. The look is done!
#3 Messy Bun
There are days, especially in the summer, when you don’t even want to worry about how your hair looks. You do it anyway, don’t you? Well, this undone look might be super simple, but it’s still extremely sexy and hip. How to do it:
- Say you haven’t washed your hair in a day, spritz some dry shampoo at the roots and tie your hair in a high ponytail.
- Take a small bristle brush and gently backcomb your ponytail for a rougher texture at the base of the pony.
- Take the ponytail and wrap it around your hand at the top. Once it’s completely wrapped around, press the right side of the makeshift bun down onto your head and secure with a few bobby pins.
- Grab the other side of the bun and pull the hair toward the gap. Cover it up and secure the strands with bobby pins again.
- For a sassy, tousled look, gently tug on the strands in the bun and create a messier texture.
- Spray on the hairspray and go for a relaxed walk!
#4 Herringbone Braid
This absolute classic when it comes to summer hairstyles is relatively difficult to explain literally. That’s why you should watch the video below:
#5 Herringbone Bun
And if it shouldn’t be a braid, but rather a bun, then this is how it works:
- Use a hair serum to smooth flyaway hair. Then brush your hair back into a sleek high ponytail and secure it with an elastic.
- Next, take your ponytail and start braiding it with a herringbone tail until you reach the end of the ponytail. Secure with a small, clear elastic.
- Take your braid and wrap it around yourself, tucking the tail through the bun. Secure with bobby pins and set hair with hairspray.
#6 Bubble Braids
This type of braid is currently very popular and many women like to wear it. These look super easy to make, and they are:
- Brush your hair.
- Make a low ponytail and secure it with a hair tie. In any case, keep it constant in color or size of the hair ties until the end of the tail.
- Add another hair tie to the ponytail. Wrap another hair elastic around 3-4 inches below the base of your ponytail to create your first section.
- Pull the section of hair apart a little.
- Continue adding hair ties in this manner, separating sections until you reach the end of the tail.
#7 Hot Cross Bun
This messy yet chic updo makes for a great do-it-all hairstyle and is incredibly easy to master. Another great example when it comes to summer hairstyles. It works like this:
- Start by making a high half pony at the top of your head and divide your hair into two sections. Take one of the sections and start wrapping it around the other until you reach the end.
- Next, slide the twisted strand over the hair piece and tie a small messy bun in the middle. Tuck the tail under the bun and secure with bobby pins.
- Repeat steps one and two two more times, grasping the hair on the sides of your head as you go down instead of creating a half pony. While doing so, spritz hairspray.
- Once you’ve created three messy buns, gently tug on each and fan out the strands for a more playful look.
#8 French braid
The French braid is definitely one of the most classic and popular braided hairstyles. This is worn by many brides and bridesmaids, but it also generally cuts a fine figure as an everyday hairstyle. Similar to the herringbone braid, the hairstyle tutorial is best viewed on video:
Braids like this are simply indispensable in summer hairstyles to combat the heat:
Check out the rest of the summer hairstyles below. They are no less cool and easy to style. Have fun imitating and have a wonderful summer!
Two Dutch braids also look particularly stylish and playful
Headbands and bandanas are the absolute trend for summer hairstyles this year
You can use it to braid numerous summer hairstyles yourself
Or add these to your bubble braid
And here are a few more inspiring and incredibly simple summer hairstyles with a hairband: