How much does a wedding cost? I. The wedding location.
Part 1 of the series: How much does a wedding location cost?
Here we go! We start with the series ‘How much does a wedding cost’ with the topic wedding location.
The search for the wedding location is usually the starting signal for wedding planning. It is the date for the wedding and the basis for the style. Should it be the classically noble party at the castle, the urban, modern party in the city or the rustic, natural party at the manor?
Three wedding locations, the Wannenkopfhütte, Schloss Wulkow and Philipp eins supported us with their offers. They are not only premium partners in our location database, but also experienced wedding experts that we are happy to recommend!
What are the prices of a wedding location like?
The wedding location is usually the biggest point in budget planning. The location itself, the location, the services offered and the number of guests are the big factors that determine the price.
There are also many variables that can affect the price calculation. The equipment, eg with furniture and table linen, can vary, as can the number of rooms that are used or the duration of the celebration with the appropriate staff.
If you ask for an offer at a wedding location, try to be as specific as possible. How many people would you like to celebrate with? When should the company arrive at the location and what type of catering would you like?
Three wedding locations and their real offer
In order to be able to give you a realistic feeling for prices, I asked three locations in Germany with the same premises:
- A couple would like to celebrate with 80 guests in the summer.
- The guests should come to the location for the reception in the late afternoon and be treated to hot and cold drinks and finger food on the terrace/in the garden.
- The room for the dinner should be furnished and the tables should be set with crockery and table linen.
- The three-course menu should be in the middle segment. Alternatively, a buffet can also be proposed.
- The celebration is scheduled to last until 2 a.m
Wedding offer Wannenkopfhütte near Oberstdorf
Getting married in the Wannenkopfhütte
The Wannenkopfhütte near Oberstdorf in the Allgäu is a rustic mountain hut, furnished in the typical Allgäu style, on a fantastically beautiful southern slope. From the parking lot you walk uphill for about 20 minutes to the hut – incl. luggage transport! At 1,350m, the idyllic mountains of the Allgäu and real hut magic await you.
A very charming wedding venue for mountain and nature lovers!
Based on the above premises, the Wannenkopfhütte sent us the following offer. It was only calculated for 63 people as this is the maximum number of people that can stay in the cabin.
- Use of all 14 rustic hut rooms with sleeping places for up to 63 people
- sole use of the two hut rooms
- delicious 3-course menu in the evening
- crackling campfire romance
- no hut rest at midnight – we extend this until 3 a.m
- cozy hut beds – already freshly covered with bed linen
- professional wedding service from the entire Wannenkopfhütten team
- Exclusivity of the entire hut from 3 p.m. on the day of arrival until 10.30 a.m. on the day of departure
- Rich breakfast from the hut buffet
The price is EUR 4,500 including all services per night for up to 63 people plus local tax (currently EUR 1.40 per person per night).
Possible additional services
The basic package can be supplemented with additional services for which a surcharge is then charged
- tablecloths and cloth napkins
- Champagne reception – optionally with additional appetizers, canapés, etc.
- Coffee & cake with various tin and fruit cakes and tarts
- Campfire with mulled wine and stick bread
- Social BBQ with delicious meat and sausage delicacies from the grill
- Grilling a midnight snack with a goulash cannon, sausages & stick bread over the campfire or snack boards
The Wannenkopfhütte is an exceptional location where you and your guests can spend the night exclusively and enjoy the tranquility of the mountains. The offer therefore includes both the celebration with catering and the overnight stays. How nice it must be to get married there in winter…!
Wedding offer Wulkow Castle
Marry at Wulkow Castle
For many years, the event location Schloss Wulkow, not far from Berlin, has been a popular address for wedding couples who want to spend the most beautiful day of their lives in the stately rooms of the property.
Other visitors who treat themselves to a short or longer break are also seduced by the nostalgic charm of the castle and the picturesque landscape of Brandenburg.
The dreamlike castle garden or the small stone church are available for weddings. After the civil, free or church wedding, you toast your guests with a cool glass of sparkling wine and enjoy the wedding celebration.
You will experience an unforgettable evening in the festively decorated hall and a delicious menu.
Offer Castle Wulkow
Based on the premises mentioned above, Schloss Wulkow sent us the following offer:
- Basic equipment of a table, table linen, chair covers, cutlery, glasses, serviettes are included
- 4-course buffet from 50 full-paying people: from €45.00 per person
- Drinks flat rate from the opening of the hall in the evening (6.30 p.m.) runs for 7 hours, after which the bridal couple can decide how to continue. Either the bill is based on consumption or the drinks flat rate is extended at €14.50 per hour and number of people
The price is 4,760 euros (drinks flat rate for 7 hours)
Possible additional services
The basic package can be supplemented with the following services, which are charged separately:
- Wedding ceremony outdoors or in the stone church
- champagne reception
- Accommodation for 100 guests
Schloss Wulkow is a fantastic location for a fairytale wedding. Wedding ceremony, reception, celebration and overnight stay are possible in beautiful surroundings – completely relaxed and without changing location. The experienced team is at your side with many recommendations and tips and is also happy to help you find service providers.
Wedding offer Philip one
The Philipp eins in the heart of the small Palatinate town of Speyer is a stylish wedding location in a historic ambience. The house was built in the Renaissance and housed Landgrave Philip I.
The stylishly furnished location manages the balancing act between privacy in the cozy guest room and space for large groups in the hall. The old floorboards, the stage and the enchanted courtyard invite you to exuberant celebrations with excellent regional cuisine and Palatinate wines.
Offer Philip one
Based on the premises mentioned above, Philipp eins sent us the following offer:
- Room rental including table linen, china, cutlery, glasses
- Event manager and service staff
- Garbage disposal, consumables and insurance
- drinks at reception
- Drinks flat rate during the celebration
- lavish BBQ buffet
The gross price is €10,047.
Possible additional services
In addition to this basic calculation, further services can be added:
- Coffee as a separate program point in the afternoon
- Long drinks, cocktails & schnapps
- Photo box, fairy lights and room illumination, wedding locations and the receptions there
In addition, the experienced team is happy to make recommendations for accommodation, DJs, bands, decoration, photographers, wedding speakers and floristry.
Pricing is complex
This hypothetical request also resulted in very different price structures. There are wedding locations that work with a flat rate, others calculate everything per capita or according to consumption. Mixed calculations are also possible. Sometimes there is a separate rent for the premises or additional costs for the staff.
It also happens that the specific furniture is charged separately. For example an outdoor bar in the garden. Some charge extra for setting the tables, add a cleaning fee and have their own event manager who is on site at the celebration and acts as a contact for couples, guests and service providers.
The complexity of a celebration in a location also requires many variables that can change and that are used in different ways when calculating the costs.
Incidentally, the number of guests, which is often used as a calculation key, should not be underestimated. As the number of guests increases, not only does the amount of food and drinks increase, but also the staffing ratio for service.
Why this expense series on the blog?
The aim of this article is to provide a certain transparency. I want to create an understanding why it is so difficult to give a fixed price and what the couple should consider when making an inquiry.
Anyone who obtains several offers should take a close look, ask and consciously compare. Don’t ignore your gut feeling! If there’s a place that makes you feel good and enchants, it’s sure to be a big plus on your dream wedding list! After all, your celebration will primarily take place in this location! Maybe you can save some money elsewhere…
Katrin Glaser from Sagt Ja answered more tips on the topic of location in the blog post How to find your wedding location in an interview.
We look forward to receiving your feedback!
We hope to have given you a realistic price feeling for your location. Look at different locations and determine what is important to you.
Do you still have unanswered questions about the topic: How much does the location cost? Then put them in the comments!
You can read more about the price ranges of various wedding themes in our article series “What does a wedding cost”. Posts about the costs of wedding stationery, catering, wedding cake, wedding flowers, wedding photographers, bridal styling, DJ and band, wedding dress and wedding rings are already online – including background information and savings tips.
Register now for the newsletter and receive the wedding planner with clear budget planner for free download!