Even if you prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner in the kitchen every day, you should always keep the kitchen in tip-top condition. Regular cleaning with the right products is the be-all and end-all for a clean kitchen. The material of the kitchen equipment plays a role in the selection of the right cleaning agent. Today we are going to talk about how to clean matt kitchen fronts. We give you a few valuable tips on the subject that will certainly make cleaning easier for you!
Cleaning matt kitchen fronts – what should you consider?
The kitchen trends and the matt kitchen fronts
Nowadays you have a rich palette of materials, colors and designs in kitchen design. When it comes to kitchen fronts, you usually have to choose between high-gloss and matt fronts. Kitchen fronts with a glossy surface actually look very luxurious and enlarge small spaces, but the matte kitchen fronts are becoming more and more popular.
Especially in open living plans, where the kitchen and dining area or kitchen and living room merge, matt surfaces in the kitchen are very advantageous from an aesthetic point of view. But they also cut a fine figure in a traditional kitchen. In addition, both dark and white matt fronts are very popular. Such surfaces are covered with a foil or with a special matt varnish, creating a beautiful effect.
However, if you opt for matt surfaces in the kitchen, then you should be aware that these are particularly susceptible to dust and dirt. So you shouldn’t neglect regular cleaning!
In contrast to high-gloss fronts, matt fronts are more difficult to maintain
Maintain matt kitchen fronts properly – how does that work?
Above all, it is important to keep the matte kitchen fronts in good condition so that they have a beautiful presence. And the reason why these are difficult to maintain is this: the roughened surface has small indentations where dust and dirt of various kinds settle. That is also reason enough to take good care of the matt fronts and to clean them if necessary. By the way, are you wondering whether you want to buy matt kitchen fronts with an anti-fingerprint coating? This coating helps you to better prevent possible stains.
You should definitely keep this in mind if you have lackluster kitchen fronts:
- In the first place, it is advisable to immediately wipe off any stains that have formed with a soft sponge or cloth. In particular, acidic and colour-intensive liquids could easily penetrate into the depressions and become lodged there. This is the case, for example, with tomato sauce or red wine. If the stains remain on the matt surfaces for a long time, it is more difficult to remove them. So it would make a lot of sense to always wipe down the kitchen fronts as a preventive measure after working in the kitchen.
- When caring for dull surfaces, you should avoid aggressive cleaning agents and scouring agents. As a result, some residues could develop, such as unsightly shiny spots. Discoloration and scratches could also be the result. And all of these will in turn negatively affect the overall look of the kitchen fronts.
- On the other hand, combine mild cleaning agents and lots of water and clean the fronts with a sponge or cleaning cloth. The milder the detergent, the better it is for the matt surfaces.
- You should treat the stubborn stains on matt surfaces several times until they are finally removed.
- Do not forget to dry the fronts with a suitable cloth after damp mopping. A lint-free cloth is perfect for this purpose. The most suitable are window cleaning cloths made of microfibers and cotton cloths.
Some manufacturers produce acid and abrasive-free cleaning agents that are very mild and are therefore ideal for matt surfaces. So you should ask about it when you are about to buy your kitchen fronts.
Cleaning matt kitchen fronts – with the right tips it works!
Which home remedies help to clean matt fronts?
Some home remedies are also very effective at removing fingerprints, grease and dust.
Make a soapy solution of dish soap and lukewarm water. Using a soft cloth, apply the soapy water to the stains. Treat them very carefully and then wipe them off with water and a cloth.
Homemade fat remover
If you mix soft soap and hot water in a ratio of 1:3, you will have an effective homemade degreaser. Thus, you could successfully remove grease stains. Apply the solution to the stain with a cloth. Wipe and the kitchen front will be clean again.
Remove the stains with plenty of liquid and very gently
Stains that have already dried on the matt fronts are more difficult to remove
Conclusion: It is not particularly difficult to clean matt kitchen fronts. But you should be diligent and find the right cleaning agents for it! Above all, however, one should prevent heavy soiling of such kitchen fronts in order to be able to enjoy the matt fronts for a long time.
Kitchens with matte surfaces look very classy
Get your matt kitchen fronts clean by not using acidic cleaners!
Never use the hard side of the sponge when cleaning matt kitchen fronts