Delicious and healthy oatmeal bread recipes that are easy to knead
In the hectic everyday life, we often give priority to comfort over nutrition. We choose quick and easy meals that lack the nutrients our bodies need to function optimally. Small changes in our daily routine, such as However, such as choosing healthier options to eat like oatmeal bread can make a huge difference to our overall health. In this article, we present you 2 delicious and healthy oatmeal bread recipes that are perfect for everyday use.
2 delicious oatmeal bread recipes for every day
Oatmeal bread is a fantastic alternative to traditional bread as it is high in fiber, protein and other important nutrients that can support a healthy lifestyle. Oats are a rich source of beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber that may lower cholesterol and improve heart health. Oats are also low in fat and calories, making them an excellent choice for anyone trying to maintain a healthy weight. A wonderful combo for breakfast: a slice of oatmeal bread and a glass of oat milk. Here you can find out how you can make oat milk yourself – super fast and cheap.
Fast baking, long enjoyment!
1. Honey Oatmeal Bread Recipe
Here is a recipe for a delicious and healthy oatmeal bread that you can enjoy anytime:
The ingredients for the oatmeal bread with honey
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
How many calories does the oatmeal bread have? 240 per 100g
- In a large bowl, stir together the warm water, yeast, and honey. Mix well and leave to rest for about 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together the rolled oats, whole wheat flour, and salt.
- Add the oat mixture to the yeast mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add the olive oil, stirring constantly, until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, covering with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- You should preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Press the dough firmly and shape into a loaf.
- Then place the loaf in a greased loaf pan and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake the oatbread for 35-40 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
2. Oatmeal Bread with Seeds
The Oatmeal Bread with Seeds is a delicious and nutritious bread that is perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack. This recipe is easy to follow and requires very little effort. The combination of oats and seeds makes this bread high in fiber, protein and healthy fats.
Original homemade bread that will fascinate your guests!
Ingredients for oatmeal bread with seeds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds (such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Bake oatmeal bread with seeds at home and enjoy
Step-by-step to the oatmeal bread with seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, rolled oats, seeds, salt and yeast, mixing well.
- In a second bowl, stir together the honey, warm water, and vegetable oil.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir for a few minutes until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl,
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour (or just until the dough has doubled in size).
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Knead the dough again and shape it into a loaf.
- Place in a greased loaf pan and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing from the tin and turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
This whole grain oatmeal is best served warm with butter or your jam (or cheese). You can also roast it to enjoy a delicious breakfast!
The oat milk is very tasty and healthy
This bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Bon appetit!
Reading tip: 5 oatmeal alternatives including recipes that you should definitely try